Driveway Makeover Pt. 1&2 UPDATE PART 3 3/21

Well I have a serious problem with change I guess but it was time.

My old girl has given me years of good service and transportation. Unfortunately for being 10 years old she looks about 100 lol. It was begging to be retired and I began to hunt for something new a few months ago but nothing really stood out as being worth the $ and since its primarily a work vehicle I wanted it to be something friendly for my business and client friendly which my old truck had become more of a folktale hero then a positive business statement.

So I really didnt want another one but the deal was too good to pass up.

Here she is…yet another same generation explorer (this is my 3rd in a row). This one has the 5.0 V8 (I’m coming for you BDRLightning lol) all the options I wanted…leather/heated seats…good audio. Only 62k original miles on this 1999 and I got it for a great price :slight_smile:

Note the elder White Explorer in the background…it is for sale for cheap and runs well. I will update that ad on here when I get it cleaned up this weekend.

Note: This is part 1 of the driveway makeover…part 2 should come after the Bills game. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

not a bad pick up for 4k

Thats kinda why I moved quick on it…the grand cherokees I was looking at were around 55-6500 with 100+k on them so I made the decision to pick this up. Plus I have had fairly good luck with them…granted V6 engines…but 142k when I sold my 97 thats still running with I think 160+ on it and my 99 that has 240k on it and runs pretty good.

MPG?

Looks like a good deal for 4k. Congrats.

who cares gas is below $4 a gallon!

:fry:

its an SUV Kyle not a pick up

lawls

nice.

nice ride, but i was hoping for a home DIY thread…

not a bad looking truck. Good pickup man

15.2 average mpgs

still tuned…

Someone didnt pick up their phone tonight so I couldnt pick it up!!

:angry:

Pt. 2

First of all big thanks to GSX for the longest 5 mile tow in history.

2nd of all I want to thank Woodrow for being a man of his word when I made a simple request about 3 years ago. If you ever sell the car, I want to be first in line.

For the past little while I have gone through many cars trying to replace my beloved 300zx Twin Turbo and nothing sufficed.

Mustangs, swapped 240, transmarobird, another 300zx, sunfire gt :gay2: etc.

So the only way to replace my beloved 300 was with my beloved 300zx :slight_smile:

Wont see the road til next year…wont be a monster at all…just looking for the enjoyment I used to get simply by looking at it and taking it out for a cruise around town.

God, that car is hot.

LOL…when you drive 35k a year…a few extra dollars saved doesnt really matter. I just look at it as the cost of doing business.

Plus I currently get 58.5 cents per mile paid :slight_smile:

Very nice Kyle, glad to see you back in what you always wanted back!

wait, did you rebuy back your old car? it’s pretty sexy btw

:tup:

I love that z. I can’t wait to see it on the road again. Are you putting on those JDM tails? Or did woodrow keep those to sleep with?