I Found Rubicant's 4X4

[Not really Matt’s, this thread is solely to mock him :ohnoes: ]

He left it in my driveway for me!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/NjccBflo/Mustang/PIX0010.jpg

Don’t mind the junk in the bed, I was cleaning out the garage a bit.

Got rid of the Trailblazer for this. Slow and very gay, but cheap and very reliable.

How did u like the trailblazer? I am thinking of picking one up.

DON’T DO IT

It was reliable enough mechanically.

But nearly everything else about it was SubPar. Even for Chevy.

Their trucks are generally Like A Rock. But the Trailblazer/Envoy lineup sure as hell wasnt.

Good:
Decent torque, towed a 3k lb car on a two wheel dolly from Angola to Blo with no real problem (other then the brakes)
Towed a couple of trailers, and tow strapped a few cars fine (other then brakes).
Comfy interior up to 800miles at a time.

List of hate items:
Brakes (squeal, no matter what)
Brake fade (stock AND WiTH slotted rotors & ceramic pads)
12-14mpg average (over two years when 70% of the time there were just driver & one psgr and no load)
18mpg highway (over many trips) (I even had the taller gearing stock)
Ignition switch failure (there is no warning or diagnosing these until they fail) TWICE leaving me stranded and eating two batteries IN 3 MONTHS (thanks to Skrappar for warranty!). It’s about an hour to R&R the column to replace.
Generally poor fit and finish
I bought the truck (2002 model year) in 7/2004 for ~16k. These are now going at auction for 9k.

Bear in mind, improvements may have been made as I hade an '02.

yeah…I was looking at an 03 but after that I will continue to look…My 97 explorer is getting 22 on the highway so I really dont want to go less that that but I do want to get something a little more current.

I put about 22k miles on it in 1yr 11months and never had a mechanical breakdown. The 4wd & "Auto"4wd was great when I wanted to play in the snow too.

Just the milage was for shit, the brakes sucked (I wasnt about to put “big” brakes o nit), and the ignition switch stranding me.

I do about 35k a year with mine and I am at 139 now so I wanna pick up something around 35k now and drive it for 2 years and sell it.

semi-metallic brakes FTW

i switched from organic to ceramic FTL

fucking hated those things. barely any brake dust, but they DIDN’T STOP THE CAR

bendix semi-metallic :tup:

as for the other stuff… erm