GMC Envoy Denali..

I’m looking into a 2006 w/ the 5.3L V8. Anything I need to know about this vehicle before going any further? I know every vehicle has their own things to look out for and I’m just doing my research here. Thanks in advance!

The one I’m looking at has 64k miles, 4x4, power everything

Make sure they give you the instruction manual so you can figure out which radio button does what since they’ll all be worn off :slight_smile:

HAHA whats funny is that I used to detail in a GMC shop and they alllll were like that. I actually asked the guy if they were worn and he looked at me like I was an idiot.

It is a trailblazer with a lot more electronics that can go bad.
Nice truck, just buyer beware when buying a “luxury” 5+ year old used anything. Powertrain should be solid though.

Have you looked at the 9-7X Aero’s?

I have read alot about the electronical problems with them. I guess thats with any vehicle though…I have been lookin at trucks so I haven’t looked into Saabs. I need a powerful motor for towing my boat, but I have decided that a truck is not necessary as both my brother and my dad have one if I need it.

I want an SUV of some sort, nothing XL or a suburban type, theres just no need. I want to go with a V8, I would prefer a fuel management, but I havent seen anything in my price range.

I would like to be under $15k before either trading or selling my 2002 Ranger outright.

I had an '08 Envoy Denali XL and absolutely loved it. No problems at all (no worn radio buttons either). It was a lease so I only had it for 3 years. I currently have an Acura RDX which I really like but sometimes miss the Denali.

You can probably get a TBSS for that price, it’d probably be more fun to drive.

Trailblazer SS

Hit google up and type in 9-7X, it is a trailblazer with better lines and a saab interior. Plus they are selling for real cheap.
The Aero model is a TBSS.

GANGSTA IN DA DENALI

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

But it ain’t a Denali, nigga!

Will I get a loaded TBSS for around 15k? I dont want to buy a stripped SS just to say I own one. I want options. sunroof, power everything, leather. If I am going to spend the money, its not all just about getting a fast and powerful motor. I still have to DD it and with the way gas prices are predicting, I don’t want something getting 10 mpg.

How much does your trailer weight all together (boat, motor, trailer, fuel and day’s boating crap)?

Prob around 3,500 lbs. It is a 21’ open bow. My 3.0L ranger struggles right now with it, but I knew that going into it. My first loan was to build my credit, I had none established other than a credit card with a $700 limit on it. Now I’m to the point where I can extend my loan. I will be purchasing a house in the near future so I don’t need a huge payment on this.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

I was waiting to see if I could get something decent on trade at work and scoop that up at wholesale but we haven’t gotten anything in that’s less than $25k.

Ever consider the Honda Pilot? You’re in about the same towing needs as I am and it’s high on my list of possibilities as a replacement for my Expedition. They do a split tow rating of 4500lbs boat, 3500lbs trailer based on boats being far more aerodynamic to tow than a boxy trailer. I wouldn’t want to tow regularly through the mountains with it but around here I’m sure it would work fine.

I’ll be 24 in less than 2 weeks. I can’t hit that Honda Pilot level yet. haha That screams sophisticated soccer mom to me.

I was looking at Tahoes as well, but waayyy too many issues with those. Plus the gas mileage is terrible. (not much better with an envoy, I know)

I do like Hondas, my gf has an 09 civic. she has her problems with it, but its alright.

Honda Pilot/Acura MDX is on my list for next boat towing candidates.

Yeah, I understand. I hit 34 last week and even I wouldn’t want to rock a Pilot as a DD. That’s why I’d make the wife do it and just keep my GTO. :slight_smile:

As for the Envoy, my boss has leased two in a row and loves them. He towed uhaul’s biggest enclosed trailer crammed completely full of furniture from here to Fort Myers when he bought his condo and had no issues with the towing. And that was just the 6 cylinder model.

I guess all I can do right now is take your advice. haha When I buy a house, there is the option for having a 2nd vehicle. But without a place to store it, I won’t do it.

Acura MDX isn’t bad, but I think for the options I want, I might have to spend more money.

You could always buy my TBSS. It’s a little over your 15k but it’s loaded up. Only option it doesn’t have it rear flip down DVD player. They’re solid trucks. If I could afford the damn thing I’d keep it. It’s a 3SS in silver.

I was just gonna ask if it was a gas guzzler and then I saw your sig. lol what kind of mpg do you get in it?