Best diesel truck motor??

WELP, I’m pretty much done with the Magnum. Gonna clean it up and sell it soon, so I’m on the hunt for my next vehicle! I’m mainly looking at diesel trucks right now, but I dont know too much about them. I’m wondering what the best motors are and what the best years are for the various models of trucks. I realize this is a broad question and strongly based off opinion but I dont give a shit.

http://ragemaker.net/images/Laughing/34.png

HELP ME YOU GERIATRIC FUCKS.

No matter what stay away from the 6.0 Ford.

Not too interested in Fords anyways, I should have mentioned that lol.

This. Even though it seems hit or miss in my experience with friends that had them. They can be a nightmare.

Weigh out your options when going for a diesel, Nolan. I was looking for a long time before I decided on just buying my Bmw. And for me a gasser would be more ideal when weighing out the price of diesel and mpg difference.

Yea I’m not totally stuck on getting a diesel, been looking at all trucks in general. Diesels are just something I never knew much about :skid

If you plan on using it for towing and such, diesel may be a good idea, as they see a lot less of a difference in mpg when towing than gassers do. For example my X5 gets 26 or 27 highway without towing, and 23-24 while towing. A V8 gas version gets about 23-25mpg without towing, and 12-14 when towing.

If you’re not gonna tow or haul a lot, stick with gas.

You need a Brochure Truck.

Put a cummins in the Magnum?
Low check
stanced check
Rollin coal check

Sounds like a win to me!

All depends on how much you want to spend if your looking for either a chevy or a dodge then newer is better to a point. For modification potential a 06-7 duramax comes w/ beefed up internals for the later reducatant engines and the 6 speed allison w/o all the crazy emissions crap. For a Dodge any 03 and up will be common rail which is preferable to the earlier VP44 trucks unless you want to go all the way back to 97 and get a mechanically injected P7100 driven come apart. Anyway like posted above if you don’t really need a diesel don’t buy one, get a nice newer half ton and enjoy the luxury options and roll around like a boss.

Diesel Id say denali HD gas id say ford ecoboost.

Only good Ford diesal is the ol 7.3. Or cummins . Unf the cummins comes in a very shitty truck , dirtymax is a great motor as well in a great chassis . If I were u look for a denali with the 6.2 has a great a.ss.d setup , loaded etc and is a great gas motor that gets good mileage . Has a ton of aftmkt support etc .or go tried and true and get a tundra with the 5.7 in it and have a ton of options with no issues .

Cummins

2006 ford f-150 in white would be the obvious choice

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/386035_640774886929_1020815431_n.jpg

yup, what Killer said…

JIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY

Buy my sierra. Its gas though lol.

You need a Jimmy, just ask Wayne LOL.

Get a brochure truck, save all the Jimmys for me. :slight_smile:

Get a gasser GMC Denali with the 6.2 or a Denali HD

how much for the Mag?