DSM 35R record broken

very impressive. who ever tuned that knew what he was doing. How did you get a feel for how far you could push the timing being that it’s a dynojet and there is no dyno brake?

Also a way I like to think about the boost vs power: If you have your garden hose and the sprayer is closed but just a little bit of water is squirting out you have very high pressure but hardly any flow. but open the sprayer and you have less pressure but much more flow.

how much does that VP fuel run for?

great work. keep it up.

I guess that’s cool he broke some dyno record, but to be honest, dyno numbers aren’t that exciting to me. A lot of dyno queens can’t produce performance on pavement, which is what counts in a car. I’d like to see what that car does in the 1/4.

I’m sure It will go to the track

yeah, I saw this yesterday…sounds like a healthy car to me! shearer does some awesome fabrication work…

beat90tsi-until you do something worth while don’t talk smack on other people’s rides…dyno’s aren’t impressive…:rolleyes:

I wasn’t talking smack, and I didn’t say it wasn’t impressive, 600hp is impressive. I said dyno #s are not as interesting to me as 1/4 times, and I’ll be a lot more interested in seeing what times the car lays down than what dyno numbers it pulls.

go ride your bike around without your helmet some more.

Sure thing.

Since garden hoses are the same as engines, maybe you should put a half inch exhaust on your car, then you’d have lots of boost.

wouldnt there be a substantial amount more power train loss in an awd car?
600hp is still nice and all… just might not be a level playing field.

FWD 15%, AWD 18%

level what playing field he’s not awd it’s a GS-T

BRAD BROOKS FTW

sick, What is the record? Most HP with a 35r I assume. What was the old record? Whats your fuel setup?

Nice… it wont last for long Kurt brown is going to be putting a 35r in his 1g and gonna be at norwalk on MAY25th!!! He tried getting 9s on the E3 16g this past weekend but car was having clutch problems

your right, too bad the hole point is to have as much flow as you can get using the least amount of boost.

I take it back, you should really start using a helmet.

are you saying that the average fwd car is 15% power train loss and for awd it’s about 18%?

Whatever you say boss, I’ll just wait for your instructions. You’re right, a small exhaust might not work, just put your thumb over the tailpipe like you do on the garden hose, that will kick ass, rock on!

Yes, it appears you CAN read what is posted.

Ok, well I just wanted to make sure that’s what you were saying. I just thought that drive line losses were non-linear with how much power is behind them. Find a high horse power modified engine that’s tuned with a similar to stock a/f ratio and compare the bsfc on that with the stock model. You wont find the bsfc to be much different… because there isn’t horse power disappearing from the higher horse power engine.

you still don’t get it… try to think logically. I just got finished telling you that more boost is not what gets you more power. it’s more flow. so explain to me how either of your last two comment make any sense.

I was responding to this comment from the first post “No idea where all the power comes from on such little boost, but something works.”

I was hinting that someone must have ported the head very well and did everything to make the engine breath well to get those results with that boost level.