dyno tune the buick today

My friends went out to the dream cruise in Michigan. There is a shop that specializes in 3800 tuning out near the dream cruise. They suggested they take my car to get tuned then go see the cruise. I said that will work.

Mustang dyno: 1st baseline pull 379whp @ 14psi

swapped 42.5# injectors for 60#. ( about 640 cc)

modified MAF for lots more headroom

pulled a few more then ran out of fuel around 18 psi. adjusted pulse width but still leaning out. hmmm? replaced walbro “knock off” pump with genuine walbro. fuel delivery solved.

couple pulls later 447 whp @20.5 psi on a mustang dyno :eek3:

I think the heat soak really got to the engine and intercooler but that is more than enough power for me

SLEEPER6 :cool:

Dang dude, that’s some good stuff!

That walbro wannabe didn’t cut it for ya? I have one, and it’s ok. I just don’t car for how loud it is.

Nope. might be more than stock but definately not 255lph. Can’t run out of fuel at this level.

very true. I’d have to swap to the real thing if I wanted to spray at the strip. There would be NO taking any chances. If you’re running that much boost, I’d say you made a smart move.

Nice!

What do you run in the Stang in the 1/4? I bet you get an ass-load of wheel spin!

thats sweet

mustang is the brand of the dyno

yea i misread that, and just now noticed it. Wow i feel like a dumbass, lol. I need to go to bed now i think.

damn son, thos are some great 3.8 numbers :slight_smile:

holy fuck man 450 aint no joke for a 3800. you leave a lot to be desired for that piss poor excuse for a modlist in your sig :slight_smile:

what cam and valvetrain? what’s your compression ratio? you went to zzp i guess?

yeah I need to work on that sig. yes zzp.

Cam is a 206/206 @ .050, 112 deg. seperation, .540 lift with 1.6 rockers. (short duration, big lift turbo cam ) Has just a small lope at idle.
stock valves-we debated about this for weeks and decided they were fine. #130 comp springs. titanium retainers. stock pushrods-another debate for weeks. stock L36 camaro head and UIM with only a good amount of port matching on both. The L36 does not have injector holes in the head. They are up in the manifold rather than in the head like the L67 or L32 heads. The distance is significant enough to create much better mixing. Fortunately, the L36 heads bolt directly to the L32 block.

We took an 05 L32 block with the factory 8.5:1 CR and kept the powdered metal rods, factory pistons. we used a .052 Cometic 4 layer HG. This is slighly less than stock thickness. Some special treatment to each layer of the HG before install. We figure 8.6:1 CR

If my math is correct the power/displacement is like a 875hp LS2. My friends said the sound is just incredilbe. I can’t wait to drive it.

sweet

pics?

did you log intake temps to verify the heat soak? Sounds like a pretty rediculous setup! I’d like to see pics of this whore also!

…good to know info on the fuel pump too. Glad u got it figured out w/o any catastrophic type problems

damn that is some impressive numbers!! congrats

wow…congrats on them numbers man …get some pics up ! !

yeah that really is amazing what kind of numbers a turbo can produce. a full blown m90 setup you’re looking at about 350 to the wheel

damn i need to ditch that hair dryer and go with something better

impressive numbers!!

I’m going to be stoked to hit 250…

:bowrofl: