went to the dyno.. graph/vid inside....

well, i finally got to baseline my car with the new setup. First run was 12-13ish psi.
the final run was 16 psi with some timing and tweaking.:slight_smile:
im a little disapointed but i guess its ok. I was just looking for some base lines before i turn up the boost.
tuning was sone by me, with megasquirt 1 v3.
pump gas was used but its 100oct unleaded since its available at the pumps here and i like to keep things safe.
stock motor 120,000mi with .140 head gasket
m50 intake
sc61 turbo
custom tubular top mount
etc,etc,etc
i need to make a new base map to run higher boost on my car. I can run up to 22psi on the current map sensor and i even have a 4bar i can use if i need more.
anyway here is the graph

and here is the vid

Awesome man :tup:

Hope the axles hold up this year!! That car should rip.

–mark

lol, well after i do a high boost tune i sholdnt need to come outta the hole hard to run the times i want.:smiley:

Your disappointed with that on a stock motor? lol. This project is awesome keep it up Jon:tup:

lookin good john, cant wait to see the car out this season.

You suck and so does your car.

Congrats.

I thought the boost came on faster than 4500?

i didnt realy floor it till 3500ish rpm. Also i have the gain turned down on my boost controller to help avoid harsh wheel spin.

Maybe i shoulda brake boosted.lol

:tup:
SikKKKKkkkKK

Good luck man

nIoce!

nice,

it looks like your drivers side rim is bent in the video

the lip is pushed in a little. the rim/tire are true and straight. I got the wheels for 100bucs and repaired them. they serve there purpose.

i thought it was just me

Is that 472? its kinda hard to see, nice #s. How was spinas?

That thing is going to be flying this season. Great build and nice car. What whp was it at when you went 11.8 approx.?

nice. i saw this car at work i love the way it looks

how the hell are stock internals good to that much power, that says 472 rite? thats bordering the limit on the internals of a stock srt, i cant belive the rods dont even bend

There are people running 500+ whp safely with SRT internals, the record being 630 whp. I am not sure if that car is still in one piece or not.

Often, it is all on tuning. Once you start to push the limits of the internals, one bad detonation, and its game over. But, I believe turbociv knows what he is doing with his MS, so he is in the safe zone :slight_smile:

yes thats rite. 472whp on my low boost setting. I just wanted to make a baseline run to see where i was at outta curiousity. Spinas is great as usual. very hospitable and VERY good rates.:slight_smile:

dont know, last years setup was with a crappy log style manifold and about 12ish psi. I never dyno’d last year which is why i was sorta curious this year after i built my new tubular manifold.

thanks

Bmw builds these motors with forged rods/crank from factory. My transmision is good/tested to 1000whp and i will be runnin in the low to mid 20’s psi in a few weeks when i install my new map sensor.:wink:

ill probably stop after i hit 600whp maxing out my turbo/intercooler/inj/exhuast setup. these motors have been tested to 700whp which is when they start to bend rods. Tuning is key as always.

BTW, this is still a pretty budget build, correct? I love that aspect of it :slight_smile:

Realistically, the big money items you have are turbo, manifold, clutch and MS, right? Anything else pricey, or just the basics to make it all run properly together?

–mark

What motor is that? 328? I kinda want to build a low boost E46 330 as a daily.