Turbo Kit Install = Done.

We finished up installing the kit Monday but I’ve been farken busy and haven’t been able to post a picture… Anyways, here’s a picture of it all done and cleaned and purty.

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/222342176.jpg

Click the picture for a larger image.

I have a dyno tune appointment for tomorrow night, hopefully all goes well there. I’ll be taking videos/pics of it during the dyno and then also during the maiden voyage.

thats awesome. how did u know how to install a turbo? good work man looks sweet. that a decent size turbo too.

Damn, looks good. I wish I saw that when I opened my hood…

Good luck tuning!

I highly recomend using a shit load of heat shielding around your turbo hotside/downpipe. I cringe looking at the rad and alternator sitting next to all that heat with no protection.

nice

where are you getting it tuned?

Let us know how that blow through MAF setup works. Ive heard mixed reveiws.

I’m guessing your going to Apex for the tune? Let me know. I might drop by.

damn that looks awsome! hope everything works perfect with the tune. how much is the dyno tuning anyways?

wow that engine bay is more clustered than an RB20 hhahahaa… but seriously looks pretty good i am curious to see what kind of numbers you hit on the dyno

Got it tuned at AFI Performance.

Here’s the #'s. Will post the graphs tomorrow.

4.5 PSI = 250.01 whp/236.05 tq

5.5 PSI = 284.97 whp/264.02 tq

8 PSI = 311.37 whp/281.99 tq

I am most happy. Definately worth the 5 days hellish install haha. I’m running 4.5/5.5 boost right now. Will monkey with things come summer. I can tell you 4.5 psi is fucken amazing. Woo hoo!

Dyno tune was 150$/hr. Took 2 hrs.

For the install question. We had some install instructions, and lots of help from the good ol interweb. I couldn’t have done it without my dad though, I was just the lackey/financer in this project, he was the brains of the operation.

P.S. Thanks Nick for selling me a kick ass kit. I’m extremely happy with how everything turned out.

wow and thats on the stock internals?

awesome numbers i bet u cant wait to kill other cars. LOL

Yea stock internals. I was very impressed. The guys runnen the Garret turbo with the PTI are turnen 325whp at 10 psi… Hehe wicked turbo pick on Nicks part.

mostly all of the nissan family can take 400hp… good numbers nice to see some competition 4 those SRT4’s

i love it when things work out with minimal bullshit
congrats man :smiley:

Here’s some videos of the non charted ones… I forgot I had camera when it came time for those… Was a wee bit excited.

Click to watch Dyno Pull 1
Click to watch Dyno Pull 2 (very fuzzy)

Graphs (click for larger image)
5.5 psi

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/323284851.jpg

4.5/8 psi

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/323284744.jpg

I hate how its hard to hear the wastegate… thats what happens when u a use a digital camera for taking videos… Need a camcorder or something…

Where were these runs done? Double the horsepower with only 5.5 psi doesnt even seem possible.
It gained 35 WHP from an 1 PSI (4.5-5.5 PSI).

Are you sure the boost guage is accurate?

haha yah i was thinking the same thing with only 5psi, but i dont know enough about turbos to comment on it lol.

i know someone else on here with an 02 spec has like 300+hp with 12psi. so yah :?

It’s a different turbo eh… The other PTI kits are running the Garrett Turbo. Mines an ITS (Innovative Turbo System). Maybe the boost guage is wrong… Who knows… All I know is I love the car and goes like hell now… Honestly… They asked what I wanted to try it at and I said I dunno… the other specs are runnen 7 street 10 track and they get 280ish/325ish respectively… He said lets start at low and go from there… 4.5psi is the lowest they could go… they then went to 5.5, then 8. I stopped there cuz I didn’t wanna blow anything.

Regardless that is alot of power, your going to have fun.