I road in a Rear-Mount Turbo TA today...

I went to my buddy Rick’s shop (Synergy Motorsports) today to pick up an axle. When I got there he was finishing some fine-tunning on a Trans Am from my car club… with one of those Rear Mount Turbos. It turns out RIck is the exclusive Northern Cali distributor for 'em. So we went for a little ride, set at low boost (6# for now).

Man… that thing pulls. There is NO turbo lag, despite what many had thought. This thing hits the full 6# under very light throttle, before you even call on the thing hard. The quality of the kit looked very nice too… I must say I was impressed. Now I’m sure if he was pushing 20+ PSI like some of you freaks maybe the lag would be different as far as lag goes, but a 10.1:1 LS1 isn’t going to like that! :wink: But at 6# the boost is instant… too fun.

Oh, and the sound is amazing. V8 Rumble + Turbo/Wastegate = :boink :wackit:

-TJ

:gives: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pewterss
:gives: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry guys… but there was a huge debate back in the day about whether or not these kits would be worth shit. Seeing as it’s about half the price of any other turbo kit out for a LS1. Well, I was just throwing in my opinion, that the kit actually works great.

-TJ

Originally posted by tjZ28
Sorry guys… but there was a huge debate back in the day about whether or not these kits would be worth shit. Seeing as it’s about half the price of any other turbo kit out for a LS1. Well, I was just throwing in my opinion, that the kit actually works great.

-TJ
:love:

:love:
:69:

:69:
:3some:

the turbo sound is cool for certain cars… but if i put a turbo on my car, i wouldn’t want to hear it. V8s sound too good.

Originally posted by BlackZ28
the turbo sound is cool for certain cars… but if i put a turbo on my car, i wouldn’t want to hear it. V8s sound too good.

That’s the beauty, you hear both!

-TJ

:stupid: :cool:

:cool: does it pull hard???

:cool: does it pull hard???

Hell yeah. It’s a mostly stock LS1 other than the turbo setup; shorty headers, LS6 intake (it’s a pre-'01), and a ASP underdrive pulley. The fuel system was also upgrade w/ a Walbro 255 and I believe 36# injectors. They’re looking for 500+ RWHP, and I wouldn’t be at all surpised if they see it (w/ a bit more boost).

-TJ

why shorty???:confused:

why shorty???:confused:

Cuz that’s what he had on there before… I imagine he’ll upgrade at some point (probably after he gets rid of the 10 bolt).

-TJ

:bsflag:

correction ford!! v8’s sound good :cool:

Originally posted by Shaggy
:bsflag:
blow sam?:confused:

blow someone

• NOT ME:D

how much is the kit?

I went to my buddy Rick’s shop (Synergy Motorsports) today to pick up an axle. When I got there he was finishing some fine-tunning on a Trans Am from my car club… with one of those Rear Mount Turbos. It turns out RIck is the exclusive Northern Cali distributor for 'em. So we went for a little ride, set at low boost (6# for now).

Man… that thing pulls. There is NO turbo lag, despite what many had thought. This thing hits the full 6# under very light throttle, before you even call on the thing hard. The quality of the kit looked very nice too… I must say I was impressed. Now I’m sure if he was pushing 20+ PSI like some of you freaks maybe the lag would be different as far as lag goes, but a 10.1:1 LS1 isn’t going to like that! :wink: But at 6# the boost is instant… too fun.

Oh, and the sound is amazing. V8 Rumble + Turbo/Wastegate = :boink :wackit:

-TJ

so did you make it up to san fransicso yet? I hear your window of opportunity may be running out… :hs: