got a new toy for my camaro.......

And its a snail

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/navymitch12/DSCN2554.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/navymitch12/DSCN2555.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/navymitch12/DSCN2553.jpg

Well there it is…STS rear mount turbo system with a garrett gt-67 turbo

Here is a list of everything i bought!!!

LS1 STS Turbo kit
GT-67 Turbo
60LB Mototron Injectors
TRT Custom front mount intercooler (FMIC)
255lph Walbro fuel pump
Boost A Pump
T-bolt clamps
Clutch Masters Clutch
Clutch Masters Lightweight flywheel
Ram Adj. Master Cyl
AEM Wideband A/F Gauge
AutoMeter SportComp Fuel Pressure Gauge
AutoMeter SportComp Boost Gauge
Pillar Pod 3 x 2 1/16
Carolina Auto Masters Tune

:biglaugh:

Turbo LS1 SS will be able to give you a little more insight.

Rear mount FTMFL

+1

I wont deny they can be fast, doesnt mean they arent a horrible setup.

i am assuming that you say that because you dont know anything about them and you are just thinking that because its all the way back there it HAS to have lag…and not that you have done enough reading up on them to know that in stock apps people looking to keep their stock motor and A/C the rear mounts are actually better…and in race apps matched with a good size turbo rear mounts have ran 9’s and still been streetable…

lmao… no, we are saying these things because another Board Member here ran a STS kit last year… an was surely not running 9s :wink:

yes…but that was stock block…and prob had some MAJOR traction issues as most with the sts do…but comming out and saying that the STS kit is a bad system is like comming out and saying the new z06 sucks because its not an enzo…its a cheaper means of getting to almost the same thing…sure i did not slap a TT system on my car but that is because i like my A/C and i dont have an extra 20-30 grand to put into my car…its not a bad system at all…and yes it is 100% not the best but you guys all dont drive around in the best…you buy what you can afford…for me it was either the procharger or the STS and the sts can eaisly be upgraded later, and sound really cool.

No, I’m saying that because I’ve seen what’s involved with the kit, and it’s not the proper way of doing things. It’s restrictive, and the way the oil lines are run is retarded. A good idea for a cheap “hack” setup. Certainly not the right way to do things.

I never said they couldnt be fast, I merely said it was the wrong way to do things.

good luck with the setup, let us know how it works out for ya.

what cam did you put into your car? and any other mods?

lol don’t mind the haters

There are a bunch of people with STS kits running good times and putting down good numbers.

I love when people justify things as “Yea, But…”

Good Luck & have fun

Install it, get it tuned on a dyno and let us know what kind of power you make. Are you going to be running 5 psi? (I know they make an upgraded turbo for 8 psi also)

:lol: x 10000

Aren’t you the one that was bashing the STS kit when Bill came on here?

No actually I wasnt…lol

His tune is what ended up fucking him.

I don’t care for the setup but it does make more power so t:up

should have gotten a procharger

I like the way the STS kits sound and I’m a ricer so that’s good enough for me :wink:

agreed

its a novel idea, but not an efficient one.

hurrry a SNAIL let me step on it, lol

just kidding that thing is big enough to step on my house :tup:

cant wait to hear it see it smell it one day :cjerk: