dyno tune the buick today

I do not remember them saying they logged intake temps. However 10-15 pulls at 17-20 psi creates lots and lots of heat. We have melted items around the turbine before. We now have wrapped headers and ceramic coated + wrapped crossover and downpipe.

Also, if I ever get some pics up you will see the hot side is located less than 1 inch under where the charge pipe enters the throttle body. The turbo boot controls this heat very well but we did not have it on before they departed.

I understand the dream cruise was great. 4 and 6 lanes of cars doing burnouts at redlights.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xqyz-DBquA”]YouTube - Buick Regal Dyno[/ame]

Had a chance to drive the car last night. Went to a local meet. Afterwards, me and a local supra owner followed each other home. 1/2 way back he decided to play a little.

OMG! Oh my freaking god is the buick fast.

I don’t know his mods but I could not believe how hard I pulled on the supra every time.

Now I realize there are many many cars faster than mine and many supras that will blow my doors off. I am just happy with the results for a #3700 lb., 4 door sedan.

I thought I posted this before but must have been in preview screen. If it was moved and I have posted it again I apologize. Just move it for me.

so u had soup?congrats

nice numbers

that is so freakin awesome :slight_smile:

nice numbers.

mike

:cool:

Definatly impressive #s!
last of the real buick engines , now everyting is corperate chevy…

nice numbers…what’s it do in the 1/4?

thanks. First shakedown night at track, safe tune, easy launch, low (17psi) boost 12.0@118.9 on a 2.0 sixty.

you know where i can find a cam and set of headers for the l67.

that pretty good from a sixer… congrats man.

www.intense-racing.com
www.zzperformance.com
www.3800performance.com
www.wbodystore.com
www.prjperformance.com

Very Strong numbers man . Sounds llike a real nice setup as well.

Is this all on stock turbo ??

Get some track times on that Hog and let her eat!!!

yes. see 2003 SSEI post above.

All of them have their strengths and weaknesses. Not sure what you have done to the GS but many things you can do before the cam to get you good power from the supercharger.

Thanks 7.5 hotrod and steel city evo.

Hotrod, great! video ad for your shop!!

S.C.Evo, car never came with a stock turbo. 97+ 3800’s have either n/a engine or eaton supercharger. We built an engine from various pieces of both these powerplants using their strengths and removing weaknesses. Stock heads and valves with just some material removed for gasket matching. then custom fab crossover, custom fab down pipe, custon IC piping, custom cam, then used midsize T62 (.82ar) etc. etc. you know how it goes. You can buy some of the parts now but not everything. Because of the rear mani design, I used to run a cut, turn and rewelded #6 exhaust port on the stock rear mani. That was a damn chore. Now they make log style header with equally bended 2,4 and #6. Thats easy!

Can’t wait for more track time to let the Hog eat (I like and will use it) :slight_smile:

give me some insight bro. i have some bolt ons on this car, but i wanna make a fast car out of it without killing my pockets. i am familiar with all those sites. i have bought most of my stuff from 3800performance.com

Oh ok man , that is a fairly extensive build sounds like it is giving you some good results.

450 on a mustang dyno should produce some nice track times. I dont know what your car weight is but I would guess you can get some 11’s out of her , if you can cut some decent 60’s

It’s an L67 which was used in:

Chevy Monte Carlo
Buick Regal
Pontiac Grand Prix
Chevy Impala
Olds Riviera

:weak:

To the OP. Very good numbers. And a sign that Pittspeed doesn’t hate on any specific type of car for no reason. Even a Buick Regal W body is getting props cus he’s making power out of it!