DUI CP This weekend.

You guys are idiots, 19 DUI arrests can count to so many lives being saved if they were not arrested and taken off the street. It only takes one DUI patron to kill a family and then some. What if it was your mother or family that got killed in a drunk driving accident, i bet you would feel differently. So to all of you assholes fucking crying and bitching about the time and money spent i say FUCK YOU and SHUT THE FUCK UP because IMO it is worth it to get them off the streets and and inevitably show others not to do it as well as save lives.

No doubt.

Reading comprehension owns you. What the man said(more than once), is that roving patrols catch MORE impaired drivers than checkpoints. MORE, as in a greater number than 19. So the checkpoint got 19. How many MORE might have been caught had the amount of time and manpower used in those checkpoints been allocated to being on the road, watching and catching the drunks?
So what if YOUR family got killed because the cops were too busy stopping 6,000 sober people? I bet that YOU would feel differently.

yup… it wasnt the fact that they have them its the fact that they aren’t as efficient as they could be. infact while they have the bait of one major check point there should also be a major roving effort on alternate routes.

thats golden…hahahaha

Even better, announce a major one but don’t bother to have it. Just use roving patrols with the manpower that would have been at a checkpoint. Much more effective at getting the scumbags off the road.

Truth. Good idea too.

Your a fucking idiot…

Great comeback.:kiss: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A. There are more drunk driving accidents on major highways then any other place.

B. There were still “roving” patrols as usual other than the checkpoint.

C. I guess you don’t read the paper let alone watch the news about the DUI’s that were attained other than the checkpoint.

D. You obviously need to reread my statement or know more about law enforcement, routines and facts.

agreed…if your going to have a check point on 279…guaranteed you could catch triple that # on babcock.

not saying the 279 one wasnt effective, bc by all means if you only caught one dui it was better than scraping up one off the road.

unfortunately, when these things occur, if you want to be successful you have to think like a drunk driver…

i thought it was…

let them fuckers die!

who?

I understand making crystal meth is illegal and dangerous. I also hear it can be made in a house.

Cops should be allowed to search everyone’s house on the off-chance they’ll find someone making it.

How would this be different than stopping 6200 innocent people and treating them like criminals?

I have family in law enforcement in 3 different jurisdictions,and they all have said the same thing. Checkpoints are not as productive per manhour spent as roving patrols. If the ultimate goal is to get drunks off the road and save lives, then the more police we have spread out watching how people drive, the more effective they will be at achieving this goal. Checkpoints are very effective at making newscasts, and at nailing a few drunks, but they really aren’t a very efficient tool. Let’s look at some of the facts concerning Friday nights checkpoint on I-279.
It backed up traffic for several miles(yes, i know, a small price to pay to save lives)
The stopped 6242 cars and made 19 arrests. That is .3%
There were ‘more than’ 90 officers who participated in the checkpoint. It lasted 5.5 hours. With setup and prep time, it encompassed an entire 8 hour shift. It would be quite easy for an officer in a car on patrol on a weekend night to nab at least one drunk driver. So if each cop at the checkpoint had actually been on patrol, and found just one impaired driver during his or her 8 hour shift, then 90 would have arrested, not 19. Hell, even if only half the officers got a drunk, then it would still have gotten 45 drunks off the road.

Here is a checkpoint that was quite effective.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21505860/

If they catch even one meth lab, it would be worth it! You can’t put a price on saving lives, screw individual freedoms!

thats fine but now i dont see how its different than profiling… in this case ur pulling everyone over assuming they could be drunk… but if you pull over a black guy if you suspect he has drugs its profiling… if they can get away with DUI check points i think they should start askin every person that looks mexican for some ID.

1. if you want to have a DUI checkpoint, then check for DUI’s and that’s it. The cops should not be ticketing for anything else.
  2. If you want to cut down on drunk driving, let the cops sit outside the bars. I am all for that. I would love to see a few cops outside of the bars all night getting dumbasses who stumble out of the bar and into their car.

Cant do that, they would be arresting thier own