E46 M3 headers

i would like to buy some cheap ebay headers. now i know there are ones with good fitment…i just dont know which ones they are. can anyone guide me in some sort of direction? link me to a good pair.

also i see there are like 4 o2 sensors on these headers. these are all pre-cat? will i need an o2 cheater/anti-foulers?

halp

http://www.cbstuning.com/jvtrahee46bm.html

???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXHAUST-HEADER-BMW-E46-M3-3-2L-01-02-03-04-05-Header-01-05-exhaust-header-/301046857923?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4617ca80c3&vxp=mtr

are these good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-E46-Z3-Z4-M-01-06-3-2L-L6-S54-Performance-Exhaust-Manifold-Headers-/261360853426?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AM3&hash=item3cda5221b2&vxp=mtr

these?

Personally, I wouldn’t do anything except CSL or Supersprint. I know there’s good reviews of the cheaper stuff out there, but I’m all about the ‘buy once, cry once’ mindset.

$149 for reps

$1900 for the real supersprint headers

um…

shit i thought you were just making fun of nisky lot when you posted looking for cheap ebay headers lololol

Get used CSLs.

do they flow as well? ive seen some serious dyno plots with just ebay headers. like 20whp!

what forum would be the best to look?

pretty sure they flow almost the same, just made like shit and end up cracking

The reason they’re getting that much power is because of the cat in the factory header. It’s very restrictive.

I’d check E46Fanatics, Bimmerforums, etc…

Those are the two I’m on, but haven’t posted in a while. I was considering doing a header as well, but on hold for a few until spring.

used euro headers are like 675+

fail!

I went with cheap headers on my car and they were a bitch to put on and started rusting quickly despite being ceramic coated. I couldn’t even get a normal header bolt in one hole because the tube was too close to the bolt hole.

They also blew out header gaskets a few times.

I saved a few bucks but it wasn’t really worth the hassle.

well A. there are decent ones out there that i know people have a lot of success with and

B. this isnt a few bucks.

Stupid question maybe being its you, but do you have an exhaust on this car yet? Headers on the s54 are not going to do squat without one. BW exhaust would be my recommendation if the answer is no. Loud, but the best on the market aside from custom :wink:

Im against using cheap headers on these cars for many reasons but if money is an issue do what you see fit. If you buy headers with one piece flanges be prepared for cracks. Id go with the vac headers if youre trying to stay under a grand for the parts and are not going to buy tuned csl headers. If i were to use an aftermarket set id go with the EMS headers but theyre two grand.

$150 shouldnt even buy you materials to make a set of proper headers.

I watched a $1500 eiserman AXLEBACK not even remotely fit the car when it was brought to me, I had to cut and change that to get it even close enough and it still rubbed the bumper over time.

I watched a $400 super sprint mid pipe not fit for shit either, had to fix that also.

I had a guy drop off his wifes 2010 A4 to have me fix/reconstruct an ebay downpipe to work right, his words as he got out of his S63 “that will be the last knock off part ill every buy for a car.”

We beat the shit out of ebay headers on a maurano to get them to fit.

And I have welded countless cracked parts, warped flanges i had to cut off and weld new on, etc. Some ebay, some nutswinger brands that were touted as top notch becasue of the pretty purple weld beads.

the list goes on, out of about 25 headers/downpipes we installed at CRC in 2 years, less than a hand full actually fit right, functioned perfectly and lasted longer than the ownership of the cars in most cases… 20 were $150 specials, 5 were $1500 properly designed piece. I refuse the work now to even install a set of “rep” headers or downpipes for all the reasons above.

No cheap header ever fits good ! Every cheep set I have ever installed on cars , trucks , bikes whatever ya get what ya pay for . Get the best ya can afford

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419474

Euro headers got him about 16whp/8lb.ft… Not bad at all for $650.

CSL headers are pretty much the same, but slightly different material and wall thickness. From what I’ve read, there’s no real power gain over the standard catless Euro headers, but the CSL headers are half the weight. Both are a bit lighter than US OEM due to the cats.

Hey my middle of the road header fit right!

Tapatalk is consuming my life

i plan on doing more exhaust on this car. its kinda of going to be my new project car. but i was going to start with headers. i did however find some sick headers that are coming out soon but no price has been put on them. i guess i would be more than happy with CSL headers if i could find them

Thatta boy.

I do recommend Bimmerworld’s exhaust if you don’t mind loud. Very light (saves 60+ lbs), but loud.