first turbo 2011 5.0

lol, they have put these cars into the 10 with just bolt ons already right?

that shit is cool, wanted to jump right off of the dyno on that last run. i want one

Wayne, buy one so I can drive it.

ported shrouds sound like sex!

at least fastlane was smart and bought an auto! auto + turbo = im winning! haha

Yup, 10.9X’s@124-5 with bolt ons and slicks!

There was one at LVD a couple weeks ago, it was running low 14’s @ 104-105mph. Super impressive.

Forgot the 100 shot…

And I could quote 90 LS1 cars running 15’s, wtf does that prove other than the fact that idiots own all cars, and cant drive them. And, that COULD have been a 6cyl…

On a 100 shot they went mid 10’s(10.5X iirc). They went 10.9X on motor.

It was definitely a 5.0, and even a girl can run low 13’s in a bone stock LS1.

No one is trapping 125 with a bolt on 5.0 without major weight reduction or spray. You need to think about what you are saying.

“To make this happen we had to get much more aggressive with the Tune and shed off some weight!”

Do the math if you wish, but thats some serious weight reduction. Assume a full bolt on car is generally in the 430whp range and see what you come up with.

You will not trap 125mph with 430-450whp in a 3600lb car… Period

I trapped that at 500whp or so in a 3600lb car.

So youre telling me I havent seen people run terrible times in LS1 cars? :rofl Please.

“Math” doesnt always prove what happens on the track, you of all people should know that. Im sure the car was right around 430whp, and with the bogarts on it, and spare removed etc it should weigh in around 3450 or so., maybe less. Its also geared very effectively, so that comes into play as well.

I think race weight was closer to 3000#

I agree that what happens at the track is often different… but you aren’t going to trap 125mph with that power without shedding major weight, its not possible. 430whp is on the high end of the spectrum, too.

This thread needed some spice, I am just looking for a friendly multi-sided debate. Don’t think of it as me trying to tear you down :wink:

They should have made a fox body option!!

Somebody did post up on another thread on either mustangforums or LS1 about the extent of the weight reduction. From what I remember it had no passenger seat or rear seats, spare removed, and driver seat was replaced with something lighter weight. It was nothing too radical from what I remember but with it all added up it probably dropped at least 200 pounds.

wat

There are a good amount of cars making 405-415rwhp with a basic tune and exhaust, and thats really without doing alot of messing around with the Ti-VCT

Oh no worries dude, Im used to the gm guys jumping in our shit everytime we do somethin good :lol.

Yeah, nothing real drastic, they didnt take the radio out, ac, anything like that. Nothing your average enthusiast couldnt do before heading to the track. Hell, every mustang Ive owned Ive put a rear seat delete kit in, not like people actually fit back there anyways lol.