First ZR-1 crosses Barrett-Jackson

Sold to Dave Ressler, esteemed corvette collector for $1,000,000.

one MILLLLLION DOLLARS!!!

http://arbyte.us/blog_archive/2005/11/drevil_million_dollars.jpg

hope he got a happy ending

ya really for that amount he should

this is suposse to be number one. i am glad that he bought it he will take care of it also this car beein 1 of XXXX it will only go up in value

x2, but id be out fuckin running that car haha

I agree haha

It hasn’t been built yet.

I hate when people do shit like that. They buy it only to have it sit in a garage. Its fucking pointless. Its like having a hott ass girlfriend/wife and never fucking her

guess u dont know what thats like?!!?!

why b/c we learn from our past and realize how much the first say 427 corvette would be worth rt now. soo its called making an investment and when he sells that car, he will make a profit off of it

It’s not like it’s his only car and he takes public transportation. I’m sure he has plenty of other awesome cars, and probably will have another ZR1 that’s not as significant. I’m glad somebody is preserving this car.

-TJ

If you want an “investment” go play in the fucking stock market.

Im sure he does have other cars as well. What Im saying I do understand the idea of preserving history and thats fine. I just saying you buy a car to drive it not lock it in the garage.

w3rd. don’t take no shit from no faggot newb TJ

FUCK YOU kthanksbye

You don’t even know what the fuck you are saying, you just completely contradicted yourself. You said you understand the point of preserving the car, then say why lock it up in a garage.

Plenty of people will drive ZR1s hard. Plenty of them will get modded and raced and crashed into ditches by worthless rich douche bag celebrities. Regardless of what you think, it’s a good thing that #1 will be stored away in a climate controlled garage somewhere.

So STFU n00b.

-TJ

i think the point is this guy ownes the 3rd vette ever made. bought it barret jackson for a mil. he now owns the 1st zr1. his will be a color will be one off, no other zr1 will be availbe in it.
that, teamed up with his other historic vette is indeed an investment.

the person i have a problem with is ron pratt, i believe his name is. man is barret jacksons biggest customer. owns countless rare and collector cars and his collection is not available to the public. the man owns basically an automotive muesem and no one is allowed to see it.
talk about buying something to lock it away.

:stupid: That green dude is an idiot… who would buy number one and beat the piss out of it…??

I like how he deleted all of his posts, becuase he knows how stupid they were :tool:

pratt is obviously some sort of ego maniac. what the fuck is the point to have all those cars and not let anyone see them unless you want to say " i have all these cars and u cant see them"

he has like every big car with the shelby name on it.

so all private car collections must be open to the public???

i hate to break it to you, but all the major auto manufacturer’s have warehouse’s of 1 off, and historical vehicles from they’re respective companies, these warehouse’s are not open to the public.

they sit to preserve history. so Joe Billionaire cannot take a 1 of 1 Hemi out for a 5 minute cruise, and gets t-boned by some idiot.

without these collectors, my grandchildren will never see an original Yenko Camaro.

i’m sure if he wants to drive the ZR1, he will order another one, that isn’t so historically important, and go have fun.

i never said anything about any of these guys driving a priceless piece of automotive history.
in the case of the zr1, indeed, go get another one to drive. save the #1 car.
in the case of ron pratt, he is indeed preserving the historic cars, and no, i would drive mny of them. but your kid, nor the rest of us, will ever see them.
the most we can hope for is that when he dies the collection gets sold to someone who will let the public see it. even at that pratt can easily have a will stating the collection stays put, in the family and private.

at least someone like jay leno, wether through t.v., the internet or personal tours lets the general public see his historic collection.