Want a ZR-1... $10G

Wish I had $10G laying aound, a perfect candidate for one sick race car with a little TLC… http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-1991-Red-38K-Miles-Clear-Title-Needs-Work_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6168QQitemZ4599542969QQrdZ1

http://zr1netregistry.com/uboat/uboat3.jpg

heh. dumbass.

well he almost made it…

i would never buy that

“Theres a time for playing it safe, and theres a time for Risky Business!”

ahahahhahaha

the dude really beat the hell out of his car, even before crashing into a pond:
http://www.contes.com/91redzr1a.htm

Hahahaha, look in the second photo, the guy standing in front of the car looks like he might be the owner and it looks like he hates life.

dude, thats the kind of situation where you IMEDIATLY remove all major electrical components, crack the housings open and let them dry!

thats when you just buy 2 kegs of beer and order a load of pizzas, call everyone you know and say "when this car is totaly dissassembled, we can hit that ber and food

give them all baggies and markers and have them label all the bolts they take out

jesus christ, i would have had the door open before they even had the car out of the pond, lol

ugh, its not THAT hard to save a flooded car, if you get it all apart b4 the water starts to effect the electronics

trade in $7,687
private party $10,340
dealer… $14,761

id rather look for one that hasnt been sunk…

70k miles and still $28k

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=193439006&dealer_id=102885&car_year=1992&model=CORV&bkms=1135572528895&make2=sel_one&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=1990&engine=8+Cylinder&certified=&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=0&make=CHEV&color=&min_price=&drive=&max_mileage=&address=14224&advanced=y&end_year=1995&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=2218

zr1’s will NEVER be cheap … i dont see how KBB gave you that value

my figures from kbb ('91 ZR1, 38000miles, checked the auctions options, “Fair” condition):
trade in: $15,190
private party: $18,860
SRV: $25,450

HRK, that vette is obviously in better condition. :lol:

i know its in better condition, but its also got double the miles on it

besides the fact hat the zr1 went into the pond, all its got is some missing dash pieces, a chip in the fender and some damage to the airdamn realy

considering that its a zr1, it would still easily sell for 25k, unsunken , im betting the sunk one gos for 14k+

i think there fugly…i wouldent give him 10k for it in mint condition

well, it begs the obvious question of how?! :cjerk:

definitely not worth 10g’s

yes you would only because you could easily double your money !

how did he end up in the pond…or how does he expect to get $10K on a flooded heap of metal?

He was racing and lost control. I forget if it says that on his auction, or on his site (which is linked from his auction)

IMO: this guy probably didn’t deserve a Corvette yet. Good thi8ng he’s selling it.

As for the price, it’s probably not really worth that much, but considering the clear title (not salvage, wrecked, or otherwise) it still can pull that kind of dough. I would figure that if anybody bought one of those these days, they would probably swap out the engine anyway.

yea, why have a lotus quad valve motor when you can just throw a lt1 in there or soemthing ?

woops. I missed that. Still, how much do you think it would cost to fix it?

a ha ha ha ha … FIX … ah hja ha ha

that bitch would be running megasquirt fuel injection, the biggest paxton it could handle and the dash would be a tach, a 240mph speedo, and a top end radio

airbags would have molds taken off them, gutted, then 'glass forms taken off the mold and bonded back onto the gutted bad & painted to match the stock interior

pull the airbag electronics, racing bucket thats had extra soft padding added to sort of look stock when theres noone in the drivers seat, well hidden roll bar, light weight stock looking carpets, rear seats would have a single layer of glass on the backside of the cloth to hold their shape after they are gutted, all insulation would be gone, side windows would be on pins (all up or down only) , manual pop up headlights, no antilock system anymore, no heater, ac gutted to minimum w/ only a single switch to activate it, plexi rear window …

flooded obd1 v8 cars dont die … they just become race cars !!!