Getting into the snow plowing business this winter

if you’ve never plowed before, I’d go through 1 season just doing people you know to get used to it. I did that last year, and was thinking about doing it for $$ this year but without insurance (in case something were to happen) Im not so sure.

Wouldnt your car insurance cover it if you hit something since youre really hitting it with your truck?

I dont have any time anymore to plow like i used to, i still do some small snow removal in the winter though. You have to remember that plowing snow isnt just as easy as pushing snow into the back of someones driveway or parking lot. The stress that comes along with driving to the places after a snow storm with the bad weather, the breaking of stuff when its freezing cold out, catching stuff like crappy driveways or parts of peoples lawns or curbs.

Truth.

I never plowed but I worked for a guy about 8 years ago who has a landscaping business and does plowing in the winter. He’s told me all sorts of stories from battling the shitty roads to get to a job to plow, equipment breaking, sliding into or accidentally hitting stuff, etc.

im doin some of the guilderland indust. park this winter

I found a fisher minute mount that Ill probably be going to pick up this weekend, any good places in the 518 to get a plow installed? i need to call around and get some quotes.

Arrowhead does that. Theres one in Queensbury and one in Colonie.

Yea I figured theyd probably be really expensive though, Ill give them a phone call anyways just to get a price. Couldnt hurt.

see what they say then let me know. I put my plow on my truck and could use some extra cash. Are you getting the specific vehicle subframe for your truck?

Ended up going all out and getting a brand new western midweight 7.5’ plow. Just began advertising on craigslist to start and will probably do a newspaper add and do some on truck advertising since I live in a busy street right in the middle of town. Pretty exctied for the plow to go on next week, its a pretty serious investment.