Snow is coming!!!!!!!!! Anyone plow snow for extra money?

Just wondering if anyone plows during the winter for extra cash or as a full time job

Here’s my schedule
Have a residential route that i split with a buisness partner either contracted for the season or on a per plow basis, more customers as the season progresses, flag downs, house calls whatever,

My 9-5 at the law firm doing paperwork and banking just so i have a steady job with good references for the future, my wife works in building so we travel together to and from work eat lunch stay in touch all that good shit.

Then im working as a subcontractor for a large snowplow company doing parts of their commercial route downtown so i can plow at 2 a.m. then sleep in my truck till i go to the office. then back out plowing after 5 or 6.

Seems like i have all my bases covered, my contracts pay me when its not snowing, then i make per push and also hourly while its dumping snow, and the steady 9-5ish to make suppliment.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is into plowing.

My brother has two trucks in Syracuse, it seems like a lot of work with big investment for not a huge return. I mean he makes enough money to have some cool toys, but it is a lot of extra work just to buy toys.

Some of it is luck…lots of prepaid contracts and few snowfalls net large dollars for minmal work, on the other hand prepaid plus alot of days equals a big loss…because cost of gas, maintanance, or whatever.

Per plow is great for alot of snow but shitty if there isnt any…i have found in my experience its best to have the both of them lined up so your always covered.

I am going to pick up a small plow for my truck this season, but just for my lot, my house, and family… maybe some friends to. It’s a shame that I don’t have the money for a big V-Plow or something right now. My truck could push a house over if needed, about 500HP 1000TQ. The little plow I plan to get is really just for driveway’s though.

I think it seems fun, and I want one! Although my escalade would blow up.

I wish I could put one on my old Legacy. It’s a winter beast and I have a 250’ driveway.

I’ve aquired a 98 jimmy that I’m using this winter. I’ve seen a few setups on CL for $500-$1000, but I don’t think the truck will stand up to that kind of abuse.