--- GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --- Thread!!!

so im workin on the missions and it says to go find a cop i dont know how to talk to them anyone know?

Dial 911 on your cell phone and you can call a cop to where ever u are…

but how do you talk to them? and how do you get the paramedics to heal you? i followed them and they started to leave so i snuffed him and ran lol

so, i rented this. spent about 4 hours with it the other night. meh.

I mean gameplay & interactions are def evolved, and :tup: for that. I don’t need to spend any more time playing it tho.

did you play online? the online play is awesome.

not a huge fan of online play free mode is fun but the games kinda gets boring and aggravating after a while for example you plow through someone in a car and high speed and they dont die or in game where you have items that you need to get before another perso/team does but a person/team spawns 4 blocks away and another team spawns on the other side of the island

anybody down for getting a big game together on live tonight??

i wont be doing shit

yea I just got my live hooked back up

skenney41 for anyone that wants it

I will. What time you guys getting on?

9:30 maybe?

It took a little while to get past the boring stuff IMO.

Hmm, ok I will take your word for it. I’m a few hours in myself and while it’s a very impressive game in many respects, I am getting bored with it already. I’ll give it another go this week. :awdrifter:

yea i dunno, i dont really find this game anything amazing IMO. i loved GTA3, but was never able to get into San Andreas. GTA3 and Vice city probably just drained me of this series. we’ll see though. ill give it time

aight. ill give it a another go round before taking it back.

The new shooting system makes the game too easy. I got through 3 leaf clover on my first try. Probably because I just beat R6 Vegas 2 just before starting this game so I’ve got the whole tactical “take cover and fire” thing down.

I’m past where you meet Bernie and I’ve only had to retry a few missions, mostly ones where I was chasing someone and spun off an overpass.

Just tried the hold Y thing and I definitely did not get a seatbelt. Shot right through the window when I hit a wall to test it. Looking online I see multiple people saying there is no buckle up option.

Yea, I’ve gotten the hold Y to work on the bikes to get a helmet but can’t seem to tell when I get a seatbelt and when I don’t.

The story adds a lot to the game. If you skip all the cut scenes and phone calls you lose a lot IMO.

Going to go play now.

i just did the three leaf clover job and holy shit was that hard, i could not get it until i found a health pack in the tunnel

actually you don’t have to hold Y just get on the bike and sit for a bit he will put the helmet on. Its only when you hit the gas right away that he doesn’t have time to put it on.

While I do agree with you on the “take cover and fire” ability lessening the difficulty of the game, I find that getting flanked really adds an annoying challenge to the game. Simply, without body armor, getting accidentally flanked will kill you pretty quickly. Now if you can back into a corner, behind cover, you can take out everyone. Headshot + zoom + cover is decimating. I guess the three leaf clover mission just left you exposed very often, and that’s why it was so difficult.

Yeah, this isn’t a game meant to be “power gamed,” otherwise you lose a lot of the appeal. R* did a great job in creating a legitimate plot/storyline, and the characters are generally captivating. Progressing through the story makes it fun… listening to the radio after a mission, following up with the appropriate phone calls, etc. R* gives you the ability to succumb to the world they created, and if you do, the game is enjoyable. If you don’t, the missions are going to feel repetitive.

Yeah, I had to buy armor at the weapons shop in chinatown before I even came close to finishing it.

anyone want to play some online later? The GTA races are amazing.

I was in first place on a bike race (like 16 players) and some assclown knocked me off the freeway onto a street below. So I killed myself to respawn on the track and proceeded to stack approx 30 cars all over the road.

the profanities that were flowing through the headset on the next lap were priceless