--- GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --- Thread!!!

Never thought about that, brillant.

wow… yea, I def am just gonna take it back to blockbuster.

:tinfoilhat:

lol i have done that before i also stole a nearby bus and put it in there for good measure lol

:lol:

Just finished it. Not going to give it away but there are two endings.

The wiki article on the game explains how they both go down. You get a “do X or Y” choice very close to the end of the game and it really affects the outcome.

And yeah, really disappointed there isn’t an “expert” mode or something. I found all the missions entirely too easy, especially once you get genades and the rocket launcher. In games like Rainbow Six Vegas large groups of enemies will work together and adjust to your tactics. In GTA a large group of enemies will generally just stand in their assigned position taking shots at you while you find ways to take them out. Other than that though it is the best game I’ve played on the 360.

That is how GTA is though. Its not a FPS, its not designed to be one. Its not going to be the most dynamic game ever. If it was more difficult it would probably be very annoying gven the “style” of the game IMO.

Wonder where I should start a seperate save game so I can play through both endings.

drunk driving not for me… almost made me sick lol
this game does happen to rule

It wouldn’t be hard to program in an expert mode though. Give the bad guys better aim, take more health/armor away for getting hit etc.

That’s really my only critique though. This game really was amazing.

I just "lol"d pretty hard.

I was on the sportbike and doing a burnout in a circle when the tire blew and I was ridin around on the rim.

hehe

I’m 27% done at 15 hours… I’ve only failed 1 or 2 missions. I keep finding all this crazy stuff… I can’t imagine 100% 'ing it.

is there any point to the whole GF thing in this game? i’m 15% and think its a waste of time and $10 every time i take that bitch bowling lol

you guys find the secret tugboat yet or that sport car that you cant get on the road.

You get to bang her…

Waiiiiiit for it…

Take her to the chicken place right next to her house, duh

You can turn off the auto aim feature. It makes the game noticeably harder.

Edit: Did you ever bang out Katie?

I forgot all about that. I’ll probably start the story over soon and I’ll turn it off then. That would certainly make it more R6 like. Kinda pissed I didn’t think of that actually.

Not going to disclose anything about Kate because she’s key to the end of the story.

I turned it off awhile ago and it’s infinitely harder. With auto-aim you don’t really have to look at the TV… with it off you are squinting, etc. You use the sniper a lot more etc etc.

I’m pretty far in the game, I feel as though I’m nearing the end even though i’m only 60% through. Finished the “diamonds” plot line, finished the missions for the gay guy, etc.

If you only do missions you complete like 70% of the game, g/f’s, side jobs, blah blah will get you 100% complete.

I have seen a tug boat around but i know nothing about this car.

Highlight below for slight spoiler…

I wish I would have shot Derek instead of Francis. I read Francis has a nice friend perk.

End highlight.