GTA V

Trailer came out today. Not really much in it tho like features or a release date.

Here is what some hardcore fans noted:

• Will be set at least in Los Santos, possibly all of San Andreas (edit: It is San Andreas, you see it on the license plates. And the bug exterminator’s van says “Los Santos” on is, meaning that there’s a very good chance we will get all 3 cities)
    -Dogs/animals are in game
    -A MASSIVE looking mountain
    -Biplanes/jets
    -Jet skis? (name of the Jetski? Speeophile 2000)
    -At least one area of town will be “Little Seoul” (:32)
    -Ok, at different points in the trailer there are what looks like different people driving cars. At first I thought it was a sign that the ability to control your whole appearance is back, but when I look closer it almost seems like you would be controlling a different character
    -If the main character winds up being Tommy Vercetti 25 years after the events of Vice City (VO sounds a hell of a lot like Ray Liotta, guy at :40 looks like Tommy) I am pre-ordering this game tomorrow, holy shit

I’m stoked for this. I’m just a little disappointed they had no hint at a date.

Ya me either. My worry is its really in early development and not going to be released till later next year which may be smart if they are right that it may shatter all previous launch records that CoD set and would be tough to release this year with Battlefield and CoD taking all the attention and then Skyrim later.

Some people think its Tommy from Vice city which was released in 2002, 10 years from then would be next year fall to release this.

I just hope it’s 2012 and not '13. I love the GTA franchise, but it would get crushed if it fell anywhere in the next 6 months based off of COD and Skyrim. The only big game I’ve heard of for next year at least will be Halo 4. And even then, Microsoft has done a good enough job of spreading those fans thin.

I actually do hope it’s Tommy. He was a great character. IGN was speculating that there will be multiple playable characters, which I would be okay with if they did it in the right manner (i.e. not jumping from one story line to the next with different characters).

GTA games are one of VERY few games I reserve…Stoked!!!

Keep this updated!!!

I was pretty disappointed in the last release. They pushed graphics limits a little too much and the controls suffered. I would still much rather play San Andreas than Liberty City.

Miami was still probably my favorite story/music wise. The whole 80’s thing was great.

Can I shoot hookers in the face…that’s all i need to know.

I doubt they are going to let their games slip THAT much. Given the new graphics, you might be able to select which eye you want to blacken!

gta 4 was really well done, but was much more of a “simulation” than a video game. i got bored rather fast with that game. gta3 i played so many times over and over. gta4 was kind of how madden and nhl have gotten in recent years, less fun, more real

vice city is still my fav