Hard start, vw gti vr6 (LANGAN JUSTIN pm me please)

Dumb ass

My Jetta runs like a bag of shit when it’s cold btw.

I had a similar issue as you (OP). Rough idle.

It ended up being plugs not tight enough. Check/change the plugs and anything related to them (wires/coil pack/etc.)

update on VR6

its at langan getting a shit load of things replaced. will cost a lot of moneys. ahhh whatever

Oh man why didn’t you take it else where?

1. they had 4 recalls they had to do
  2. jiffy lube cracked my oil filter housing so they will pay for that
  3. justin told me he would cut the price in half for me (RIGHT JUSTIN??? RIGHT!!!) haha

o and it wasnt the coil pack.

Well at least most of it wont cost you a cent since its recalls and why wouldnt you change your own oil? Cant fit under the car any more?

LMAO

He made a funny!!!

i changed the oil but not the filter. the VR6 has a element filter. i dont have the socket to get it off (its like a 35mm) and i couldnt find one the day i had it on the lift ready to be changed. so i took it to jiffy and had them do it. well they cracked it. haha so…wont take it there again.

brett, is there a special tool or just use a socket? i tried a strap wrench but the one i have didnt work. i could get a smaller one but i wasnt sure of VW had a special tool for this or not.

i used to use the allen head to drain the housing first, then i used a socket. if you dont use a boxed end it will round the plastic off, and possibly break it.

yea so just get a socket huh? ok good deal. now i just have to find out what size.

i have a bunch of large sockets. 24mm + come grab a rack and try them out

Pipe wrench?

plastic. if you dont put equal pressure on the housing it will wreck it.

I guess I’ll stick to my cars w/conventional oil filters then. Easy enough, except when people decide that they need to tighten them with anything but their hand.

dude i think its a 33 or 35mm socket. this is y i just had jiffy lube do it because they had the socket. that and it was balls cold out.

update:

fan switch needs to be replaced and will cost me $350 for parts and labor so i told them to shovel it!

WTF!!! The part is no more then $20 from ECS depending on the style of the connector. The dealers love to rob people. I also can’t imagine its a tough thing to install.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?searchstring=fan+switch&searchqt=byvehicle&make=Volkswagen&model=Golf+IV&submodel=&engine=VR6+12v

thats funny because i have ECS as a fav but havnt been there in about 6 years.

so nick where is the dedicated garage to work on cars?

It’s a walk from my house. Literally 5 doors down.