Help~Engine Ticking BAD

yesss, Im so relieved.

good for you:) let us know when its fixed and WHAT in the hell was making the noise.

Yes I will, they are going to tear into it on Tuesday but they are still putting me as “customer pay” until they see that it can be warrantied, which if they try to say anything is from over - revving or any bullshit like that Im going to request they prove it .

I’m glad to hear it’s something as minor as sticky lifters (which from what I understand isn’t deadly for a motor since I drove a car with bad lifters for like 3 years).

But seriously Trish, try running some fuel system cleaner through.

:facepalm

:facepalm

Fixed.

lol.

Yess what would u guys recommend as a good one? is lucas any good?

seafoam

/thread

All that crap is bullshit, including SeaFoam.

Soo… I was doing some research and I think I found my problem, but the only thing is its for 2008 Si’s but I think it is totally possible for it to have happened with my car anyways its Honda TSB # 08-032

Background:

During engine assembly, an incorrect exhaust rocker arm shaft may have been installed. The incorrect shaft does not allow proper lubrication to the camshaft journals, which results in excessive heat buildup. In some cases, the camshaft holder bolts loosen, allowing the rocker arm shaft to move and causing a clicking or a tapping noise.

Corrective action:

Replace the cylinder head assembly.
Note: The loss of lubrication is only in the camshaft and rocker arm area. There is no need to replace the short block assembly.

** What do u guys think? I think its a VERY good possibility

You’re a fucking Idiot…

elaborate pelase

The engine only has like what, 30-40k? on it. Seafoam probably won’t make a huge difference. And I doubt it will fix the ticking she had. Just let the dealer fix it and be done with it.

does anyone think it could be the problem i posted from a TSB on page 5 ?

Nothing to elaborate. They work. Period.

I use Seafoam and/or Chevron Techron for the gas and Seafoam for the Intake Manifold. Everytime I do the IM (through the booster line), my throttle response improves slightly. It seems like it’s just a little bit easier for the engine.

I don’t notice anything when I put it in the gas, but that’s probably because I only 93. I probably don’t have a dirty fuel system.

I maintain my car meticulously.

I agree. But if it’s a sticking lifter, a fuel additive COULD fix it. It probably won’t, but it could.

However, if it’s the TSB she posted on Page 5, then the dealer should definitely have a look. Maybe they can add her year car to the list.

I only 93 as well.
I tried other gas in the first couple of weeks of owning my car, but i stick to 93 religiously.

my car requires 93 only, it sucks, but its better for the car and even if it didnt require it I would still put it in.

haha im just kiddin bro

Higher octane gas isn’t any “cleaner” than 87…

Trish hope you get this fixed, I would be pissed if that happened to my car.