HKS Hyundai Genesis Coupe

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Jacco%20Willemsen/News/HKS%20Genesis/Hyundai%20Genesis%20HKS.jpg

HKS USA just announced that they will have a Hyundai Genesis Coupe ready for the Sema show that will be held in November. The car is set to be released in the spring of 2009, but Hyundai already let HKS USA have a go at it. According to their press release, HKS will upgrade the engine with a GT Turbo, new internals, exhaust system, intake and a HKS engine management. Although no power figures are yet released, I’m sure it will be enough to hold its own on the track.

Other improvements are in the suspension department and the exterior of the car. HKS will replace the suspension with their race proven Hipermax III system. The exterior will be enhanced by Ken-Style, these guys also make the aero parts for the HKS Time Attack cars.

-Jeroen Willemsen

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/09/04/news-gt-gt-hks-hyundai-genesis-coupe.aspx

Looks like a lexus IS front end with a bit of Infiniti G in the rear.

But i like it. It looks fucking hot and sounds like it’ll be a track beast!

ill give it to hyundai, their giving ppl what they want, but its not just this car, i mean recently even with the other line up they have

Screw that… It’s still a hyundai.

If you had the cash to buy (or build) that HKS car, would you even be driving a huyundai?

-edit: it doesn’t look like crap… just pointing that out.

I know what luis is sayng, There really stepping it up. I’m not saying i’m a hyundai guy now, just there alot better off then they were.

i’d buy it.

That rear 1/4 glass dipping down really hurts as top gear mentioned. Otherwise its hott

The Koreans are definitely on the right track with this.

Im with him^^

Screw what the badge says. If its built well, has good perfomance, is reliable and reasonably priced… its worth buying; Hyundai or not.

Wow, very nice, hats off to HKS, I’m +1 with you guys, I’d consider buying it.

i work for hyundai and say what you will, the company has come a long way and really listens to what customers want… my other car is a Sonata and its a great car… we just got the Genesis sedan and it can compete with luxury cars (yeah i said it) and i think the Genesis Coupe will give other cars a run for their money…

you work for Hyundai?? where and doing what? My dad works at HAC (Hyundai auto Canada) and has for over 20 years, so I’ve seen how far they have come in the past 10-15 years.
I’ll copy my post I made on zilvia yesterday in their Genesis thread.

"I guess I can chime in here. About 3-4 months ago my family and I needed to drive to St. John, New Brunswick from Toronto, Ontario for a wedding, which is over a 30 hour round trip, close to 1900 miles. My dad works for HAC (Hyundai auto Canada) and a few days before we were to leave, head office got a V8 Genesis sedan in from Korea. First one in Canada, second in N/A I believe. Since they wanted to get as many Km on the car as fast as possible for testing purposes my dad “offered” to take it for the weekend for the trip.

I drove for roughly 11 hours of the trip, 5 hours on flat staright roads through Ontario and Quebec but on the way back we decided to go through the states through Maine. What a treat that was, Basically 5 hours of pure twisties, and I got to drive them. The car IS very quick and for a large sedan it carved some of those corners amazingly. Overall it drove VERY nice, comfortable, quiet ride. Seats were comfy and didnt loose their appeal after 6 hours of seat time, interior was spacious and I found the leather to be of amazing quality, very soft.

There were some small quirks with the NAV system and a little rattle from the headliner, but for a pre-production car there was nothing much that went wrong, didnt fit right ect…

I would, without a doubt put it up there with lexus and infinty, even possibly benz, Cant wait to drive the coupe."

Heres some pics from Zilvia’s thread.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/08/genesisb_04.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/08/genesisw_07.jpg

And some of the coupe
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/08/yellow_genesis_spy.jpg
Photoshop

Looks pretty decent acutally when its dumped with some nice wheels.

Looks like a is300/g37 colab.

Not bad, but…I think it seems they’ve still focused on mainly the aerodynamics of the body design, to curvy, way to curvy…needs some edges! Hard edges!

YES my thoughts exactly!

The sedan looks better then the LS for half the price and the coupe will hopefully be quite the performer. If I was to buy a brand new summer toy, I’d totally get the Coupe.

really nice looking car.

Ontario Hyundai in Whitby in Sales… and we only have the V6 Genesis which is still pretty sweet… we took it out for a few good spins since its been here…

while i’m sure your points are all valid, i’m 100% certain you cannot compare the build quality to lexus

granted, i haven’t been in the genesis yet. but i guarantee after ive tried it i still will stand by that statement.

if you’ve seen how lexuses are assembled you’d understand what i mean

i will admit, though, that this looks surprisingly nice!

Unfortunately no matter what Hyundai does I will never forget the Pony. Man what a piece of poop.

Adrian