Genesis Coupe R-Spec

Nice, a cheeper tuner model.
Non-essentials cut out.

Very nice, Hyundai is actually making some good decisions, hopefully there is aftermarket support from them as well.

i talked to the hyundai dealer about this a month back and they had no clue about this package i was talking about.

did anyone test drive it and notice the annoying shifter shacking violently when at ideal and clutch pressed in? and how useless the back seats are.

^Yup, it’s annoying, but I guess the power makes up for it (V6 version). Hella fun to rip, esp. the 2010 version

doesnt change that fact that its not the best looking coupe out there.
the v6 is definately a plus

Hyundai is making other auto makers look stupid right now. they are doing there best to give buyers for this car exactly what they want. a choice. very smart. Mitsubishi did this with the evo awhile back, but of course we never got that car.

having said that, insurance company’s will have a field day with this car.

peace

As of right now the R-spec is not coming to Canada.

the 2L turbo is slow as fuck stock

but nice car

At the same time, the 2L turbo has so much bolt ons available from everyone, and makes mid 300’s easily on the stock motor.

just like a 240 lol

There is an instructor at my flight school that picked on up, it is pretty comfortable and nice looking as well. He told me Hyundai will flash the computer to gain for HP the highest estimated gain and will keep the warrenty on the motor. If that is true, good on Hyundai for that… but of course your fuel mileage takes a hit! The car is slower than expected due to the weight of the car with all the safety equipment put into it, rather be safe than sorry i guess!

somethings on the car seem to be a bitch, especially the ECU controlling the throttle and the BOV.

are we talking about an SR20 here?

quoted for truth… only going to the US

bahhh i need a new car.

pretty nice i love the idea

Well, obviously not the same kind of aftermarket support yet, but there’s tons out there, and it makes good power.

I believe this engine is the same as in the evo no? If so then parts galore. Solarian is right, only a matter of time

peace

It’s from the same family as the 4B11 and the 2.4L turbo in the Caliber SRT-4. It is a stout engine and owners are making some decent power.

People have stuffed 295s in the back of the Genesis too.

The R-Spec is an amazing deal considering what you can do with it.

Yea, it’s not quite the same as the Evo’s motor, but they are very similar. From what I can recall, Evo is closed deck, this is open deck, and Evo has better rods. Maybe more differences.
Either way, it’s a really good motor, everywhere I go, I see turbo upgrades and things like that for it. Almost all are running on stock motor.

LoveFab’s kit (they’re a major NSX builder) :
http://lovefab.net/?p=362