Hyundai Releases the type R... honda beware!

Lol… “Type-R?”

Spec-R… more like Nissan Beware.

I think someone already posted this. Sounds promising though, cant wait to see people that have the money to pick one up and start tracking it/modifying it.

more like “R-Spec”… no one beware haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Dammit! lol.

Spec-R, R-Spec Type R… what ever lol its a big red R… people go crazy over that letter… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

^^so TRUE. People do go crazy over the big red R. My favourite is gtR!
I wonder who will be first to pick up a genesis…

R [COLOR=Black]= RACING.

Watch the fuck out lol
[/COLOR]

no plans to bring it to Canada yet…

lol this man speaks the truth.

Note: Automatic transmission not available with R-Spec

Thank god

Well at least Hyundai is stepping in the right direction. Now if they ad AWD to the coupe and twin turbo then it would be even better.

That would make the cost go up too much. It’d cost as much as an Evo, in which case people would just buy an Evo.

that is gonna be a very capable car guys dont sleep on it.dont be suprised if this car dyno`s more than what they claim it put out… it sure got some big brakes to start out with

i can not remember where the video i seen came from

but some guy was teaching his girlfriend how to drive…auto!
and well…make a long story short…she said “I wanna go fast” and he did not notice she had it in “R”. So he said give her! And she did…right into his garage.

He freaked…wtf!! blah blah. She said well…i figured “R” was for race…???

Definetley a fake video…but i fuckin laughed, HARD

repost…l

Did it say that somewhere?

Apparently the Owen Sound dealer (closest to me) has a coupe in stock now. If true, I will be there tomorrow and will take it for a rip if it’s not in the showroom; and its not snowing. hopefully its a 2.0T 6-spd…

^lucky fuck

wow…

“R-Spec equipment includes:
2.0-liter low-pressure turbocharged intercooled four-cylinder engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering 210-hp, an estimated 30 mpg EPA highway rating and a top speed of 137 mph
6-speed close-ratio manual transmission
Electronic Stability Control with Traction control, ABS, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution and Brake Assist
19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with staggered-width high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (225/40YR19 front, 245/40YR19 rear)
Brembo® braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
Track-tuned suspension (higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, front strut brace)
Torsen-type limited-slip differential
R-Spec badging
Quick-ratio hydraulic steering (2.7 turns lock-to-lock)
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Front, side, side air curtain air bags
Active front head restraints
Driver’s lumbar support
Air conditioning
Remote keyless entry system
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
AM/FM/XM/MP3/CD audio system with six speakers
iPod/USB/Aux jack connectivity
Projector beam headlamps
Lightweight temporary spare with aluminum wheel (T135/80D18)
Note: Automatic transmission not available with R-Spec”

for 23 grand. Shit son.

He meant the R-spec not the coupe in general. There’s one at the dealership he works at :wink:

I got that info when I went to the training on the Coupe . (the r-spec i mean)

I have driven the 2.0T and the 3.8V6 and the V6 pulls a lot harder. I mean I know the Turbo will be the one sold more and upgraded but that extra 90hp in the v6 … wow… what a difference