hockey players chime in

ok… so i’ve read all about MANY people doing this and it working just fine. What i want to know, is if anybody here has done this.

I’ve got a once piece composite stick. Crack in the blade. I want to cut the blade off, have the shaft to where it is hollow… and make it into a two piece.

anybody on here try this before?

yeah u can do that

u might have to flip it around to make it work tho. some one piece sticks get a lot more narrow where the blade is

yea… i was reading that some may have to flip it… but im hoping i won’t have to do that

how bad is the crack? if its not too bad, put some electrical tape over the crack. it wont get any worse. other than that, yes i had a one-piece i use as a 2-piece now

the crack is through the blade…it doesnt seem horrible…but a few slap shots and it might go.

but hell…might as well try and see how long i can get out of it :slight_smile:

poose… how was this process for you… easy?

some of the easton blades have tiny ends so you might not have to flip it over. everyone i know that has done it had to flip the stick tho.

mines like that now… been for over a year, no problems. oh and great skate will tell you they can’t change the blade for you because its a “modified” one piece lol

ahhaha oh i know. I planned on doing it myself.

its a RBK stick, so i guess we will see how it will fit

that worked for me, but i had to flip mine

yea its pretty easy. like wickedcivy said, you’ll most likely have to put the blade on the opposite side. if you plan on doing that, just get the blade, then put it in. when you’re ready to cut the old blade off, just use a saw to cut it. dont cut it too short so u can get a feel for how long u want ur stick to be. u can always cut it shorter.

some sticks wont let you make a 2-piece out of them tho. like bauer i think.

wait didn’t you jsut buy a new +$100 stick??? I am so lost

alright thanks.

ill see how it is on the blade side now…if it narrows.

thats why when gettin a one piece get a bauer vapor 30…my brother broke his twice and got a new one free each time…

I miss the Aluminum Shafts i use to use back in the day. Had a Nike Aluminum shaft and a easton Kevlar blade. But they dont make aluminum shafts anymore :frowning:

ive seen so many of those damn things break

they only give you a new one if its within 30 days of purchase.

i think I’m gonna give warrior a try for my next stick

btw one piece composite>aluminum x 1000000

I hate all that composite BS! Wood 4L!

i did this with my old vector (the blade broke and i flipped it and put a blade in) but i hated it it after, it changes your kickpoint and flex and all that jazz. so i bought a vapor a couple years back…and now the blade is cracked >: (

Thats why I like two piece sticks. You break the blade, swap it out and you have the same old stick again. Like FBody wrote, it is a totally different stick after you cut and flip it.

Although I will admit, a one piece has the best flex and feel out of any stick I have ever used. If I was rich, I would definitely go the one piece route. Just too pricey for my blood.

I tear up blades more then anything though. Thats why two piece work well for me from a hockey budget point of view.

i just did this yesterday. worked fantastic. i flipped mine. took all of 7 minutes to do.