Hockey Stuff

Anyhow I was watching a game the other day. they where talking about this Tacki-mac stuff. they say it’s better than tape. they say if it says damp / wet it get sticker and it’s better. So I went out yesterday to see if i could find a place that sales it. i found it and must say it’s way better than tape i have to agree check it out. http://www.tackimac.com/hockey/index.html

I used to use those grips they are nice but are hell on your gloves

ill stick with my cloth tape.

i never saw it for the hand grips but i use to see the ones for the blades all the time

x2.

When I worked at peranis in highschool it was the popular thing for roller hockey players to use… but I never really seen the great advantage of that tape.

all show no go.

stick with the basic shit…
there’s no need to get that new $300 easton… when you can get a synergy that’s 3-4 years old @ dicks for $50.

skill > gear. lol

that new 300 dollar easton doesnt break and can flex like a noodle.

yet chad(blk42e) cant score on me with it.

friday it didnt look like ANYONE had a problem scoring on you

Yep, you’re definitely a goalie.

I snapped a brand new Synergy in my 2nd game. Basically this stick in a Forsberg curve @ 85 flex. - Ice Warehouse

Snapped that son a bitch right in half.

I’d rather play with a cheap 80-85 flex 2 piece stick that one of those 200 dollar one piece sticks.

I broke this one last week.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=WKGS

im so pissed

fixed.

glad to see nothing has changed…

just wondering… why an 85?

I’ve been playing ice hockey for about 20 years now, played for the Amatuer Pens, Pittsburgh Stars, and for pitt in college. I’ve used the Tacki-mat a few times and hated it. It would tear up my gloves so fast.

For those making comments about the new breeds of superlight carbon one-piece sticks…they are shite. The blades usually last a few games, some will last one knocked down shot. I’m tired of paying 200+ for sticks that break too easily. The weave cracks, the resin in the blade shatters, but they feel nice. I stick to buying a few really nice blade-less shafts and replace blades often. You can find nice sticks (shafts only) for great prices around here (Perani’s anyone?). Stick with the regular friction tape for blades, cloth for everything else.

my one piece sticks usually last me pretty good. my last 2 warriors have lasted me over a year. i used to have the rbk and ccm one pieces and they didnt last for anything.

Longest lasting stick i have ever used was A TPS tri-core shaft and easton carbon blade. the Tri-core has to be one of the most durable shafts made. you went to pitt main and played? when did you graduate?

After playing in the WHA all of my life…I’ll clarify a bit, the first year I went out for Pitt, I was on the Stars at the time…Rizzo was coaching. Made it and withdrew due to the amount of travel time with the Stars. Next year (Rizzo’s last '96) played 3 or 4 games at the beginning, and withdrew again, then quit the Stars about two months later. I didn’t know many guys on my team at the time. This was all well before I graduated actually (took a year off). I started as a mini-mite (age 6) and played travel up till then, got tired of it. I still play for Consol @ Bethel mens league when I have time though. I knew quite a few of the Pitt regular roster though, a few from my HS, most from other PAHL teams. JEFF: Bauer sounded familiar to me…there was a Chris Bauer I did skills clinics with for a couple years.

As for sticks, I actually have one of the TPS coated shafts…my favorite. I usually shy away from the more rounded ones, as they tend to slip more. The rubber-ish coating is pretty good, but does wear my gloves more than I’d like. I picked up a few of the Franklin carbon shafts for super cheap a couple years ago, and have been abusing them regularly. They work good, but heat cycling from changing blades weakens them.

I had a bunch of buddies play on the stars in the 95-96ish season.

bill swartz, dan gold, tim texter, bryan donner, tom tresnan and a few others.

Rockin. Do you play at all now? I wouldn’t be suprised if someone on this board plays in my league now.

im in the A and B leauge in cranberry at the moment and i play usually once a week in harmar… Texter has a pickups slot usually every week where we tear burnyd apart

Cranberry is a bit far for me. Our team (a/b) was originally at the Ice Castle, but Tom was slacking and games were like 10:50 at the earliest on weekdays. I have to be in the office by 7 so we moved to Bethel, where we get much more tame 10:00 games, lol. I am so tired the day after, it sucks.

Because I don’t have a great slap shot and I like to cut my sticks down a little bit. I end up adding about 10 to the flex when I cut them down, so if I went to a 100 flex Easton and then cut it down I’d be up in the 110 area which is too high for my weak ass slapper.

Dyingwish - You played for Consol last week when they lost to the team in the red? The team that hadn’t won a game yet :kekegay:

Also, please tell me you aren’t the guy that plays forward with the white Penguins style socks. If you are, I’m the defenseman you absolutely couldn’t get around or through last game. Called up for that game just for you :rofl: