Hockey Stuff

No, I haven’t made it to the last 10 or so, unfortunately…I don’t think anyone under 30 from the team has been there in a while.

yeah. all out games are close to 11 at cranberry

Oh, ok. That team has been using a ringer in a relatively low level league so our captain brought up some guys and moved some other guys around to try and give them a game.

you should come out and play with us thursday night at harmar!

How much/ time/ is it pickup?

thursday at harmar 1030-midnight… if you want to play pm me or chad by sometime today so we can get to tim and let him know…

Well, I’m one of those ringers, which is why I rarely go, even though I’m paid for the season. The guy who runs the team is also the coach of St Vincents team. His son has several college buddies currently playing for thier respective schools that show up and play, solely to beat on the c/d league oldheads. When they started showing up I basically stopped going. It made us look like assholes.

$10.

did you know texter? he’s who runs them

That’s pretty gay. What is the sense in beating on a bunch of not so great players or older guys? Why not play in a B level league and get a little competition? That just seems stupid.

I plan on buying Ice skates either this weekend or the next. ive only put ice skates one once. and needless to say iam not too good. thoe i can roller blade so figure that out. I would like to play hockey with a bunch of you but it’s too far for me to drive and i don’t know my way.

Try www.hockeygiant.com for great prices on skates. Most new skates will require (although not totally necessary) heat molding, which most local skate shops can accomodate, as well as sharpening.

or ebay. alot of people sell skates on there… just be careful and i wouldnt buy a skate that had been heat molded. even though most of them you can mold 3 times

what size shoe do you wear? I have a set of skates I’m lookin to part with cheap

6.5 some times 7 depends on the shoe.

Holy hell you’ve got small feet.

Going back to original post…

The regular black cloth tape has never failed me. And I wanted to buy a real nice stick but for the places I play and people I play with, I wouldn’t wanna risk breaking an expensive one… So the Easton Octane from Dick’s with a Forberg blade is fine for me.

lucky bastard, you get to wear junior skates!

NO shit, my sz 12 gunboat feet…:hahano:

Let me check with my younger siblings…they might have a set of skates that size

I have a pair of old 652 pump tacks that are a size 6, and my super old 352 tacks that are a 5. you should prob be in a 5 or 5.5 skate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Bauer-Supreme-One90-JR-Hockey-Skates-5-D_W0QQitemZ140182009015QQihZ004QQcategoryZ20858QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have those, and love them. probably not something you need though. id look into a pair of Nike Flexlite 10’s they are a really nice, heat formed skate and arent going to cost you an arm or a leg. i think i paid $80 for my wife’s

Oh you ended up getting the One90’s Chad?

I tried them on but didn’t like the way they fit my feet. I had a pair of Flexlite 14’s I got cheap and took a shot that busted the runner in about 6 games, so I went to a Vapor XXV. Love 'em to death.