hockey guys inside

so im looking into get a new set of skates cause my CCM tacks are pretty old, and the blade is worn down to almost nothing. im curious as to what everyone on here uses and how they like them. Ive heard nothing but good things about the new ONE90’s and Graf 703’s and i think i will try these both on sometime this week and see how i like them. any recommended models, anything to stay away from? the grafs and ONE90’s scored pretty high in most reviews ive read which is why Ive considered them the most, just wanted some local opinions.

everyone i know that owns the one90s said they are the worst skates they have ever had…are you sure you didnt read reviews on the one95’s b/c they’re the new ones the one90’s are the older skates…dont know much about the 703’s but you can never go wrong with grafs…easily the most comfortable skates on the market…i use the easton stealths and they are the best skates ive owned up to date…it really is more about personal preference so just try on some skates and go with what feels the best.

That’s weird cause every review I’ve read of the one90’s has been praise.

I have them and I love them. Best skate I’ve ever owned. Was a bitch to break in, but now they’re great. very stiff skate, takes a minute to get used to. much more responsive though. Plus, more resilient (I had ccm 852 tacks before and broke my foot when I got a shot to the boot)

Just have to learn how to tie them. I tie everything really loose, the 4th one down pretty tight, and the 3 top ones moderately tight with the very top one pretty loose, and they’re awesome.

one95’s are a totally different fit. They have a wider more shallow heel, which didn’t work for me (same reason I didn’t like the rbk 9k. skated in them for 10 minutes and switched back to my old skates)

one75’s are supposed to be basically one90’s from last year.

I’d go one90, as they can be had on ebay new for cheap. I got pro returns for 340 shipped.

everyone with grafs complains that they soak up moisture and become very heavy. They also tend to be a generally narrow skate (varies by model) though they do have wide, double wide, etc. to fit any foot type.

edit: if you want, you can let me know what size skate you want and which ones you decide. I have a buddy who gets skates cheap. He’s got one90s, vapor xxxx, easton 16s, etc

I’ve always stayed away from Bauer because I have a wider foot and they never seemed comfortable on me. CCM has always been a better fit for me. But the models you listed are both great. I just think if you have a wider foot, CCM Vectors are worth looking at or some Easton models.

i have a wider foot, and skinny heel/ankle. I found ccm’s were too narrow for me, bauers in general are a bit more narrow than ccm but the one90’s are much wider than typical bauers. i looked into easton but i head problems with the s17’s boot cracking.

Me too. I have bauer’s now and if I tie them to tight my feet cramp up. Im actually looking into the reebok pumps. I here nothing but great things about them. Plus I have a skinny ankle and the pump will help that out.

ive noticed the same things with my tacks, every shot blocked by my foot hurts like a bitch, maybe its just because they’re older though, and being a winger most of the time im frontline for blocking point shots.

I also have a wider foot, to be honest the only reason i didnt look at the vectors more is i dont really like the styling of it, same for the rbks. but if i dont like the fitting of the grafs or NBH 90’s ill give em a shot.

and thanks for the offer cold accord, i will see what my local guys price is hes been good to me and usually hooks me up with some shit so ill give him a chanche first. i know hockey monkey lists the 90’s for $399 which is worth spending the extra money for new over used IMO.

how much of a difference do the actual blades make? i kinda like how the TBlades look, but they sound annoying whenever i hear someone else skating with them.

Check out hockey monkey. I got 500 bauers for 70 bucks *they only had my baby foot size in * but i’m not really to impressed with any of the newgen hockey stuff, except the warrior fubar’s i just picked up, so damn light

i looked on hockey monkey, hockey giant, and my local store

I never tried the one90’s, but will have to give them a shot. And Easton’s do break down easily, that’s their biggest downfall. My teammate went through a pair in 2 months last season.

i own graf 704’s, obviously not much different than the 703’s. they really are the most comfortable skates ive ever used and are definitely worth the price. they are also pretty light. i dont have the tblades on mine, nor have i ever used them, so i cant really tell u anything on them. as far as shots hitting the skates goes, i havent gotten hurt when ive gotten hit in the foot with a shot so thats another plus. the only downside i can think of about the skates is the price of them. other than that, it takes maybe a couple games to wear them in and get them molded to your feet. heating them up helped get them molded to my feet faster. but yea…i would definitely recommend those graf skates

one90s are soooooo comfortable and you cant go wrong with them. I personally use the easton stealths s11s. But like someone else said, its all personal preference and how your foot fits the skate

i never really got hurt, as in injured, blocking with my foot, it just stings for a minute. ill look into the 704’s too.

well they didnt have the grafs i wanted only the G5 and G3. so i tried on the ONE95’s, ONE90’s Vapor XXXX and Vapor XXV. the ONE’s were both too tight and they didnt have a wider version in stock. so then i tried on the vapors, and i liked em a lot and bought the XXV’s. ended up spending a little less than what i was planning for too…well see how i like them thursday.

the one90’s are on ebay new for 340. mine are pro stock not pro return i meant to say.

rbk 9ks have a narrow foot and wide heel, and are rather heavy.

glad you found something that worked for you

I have the same skates. No complaints here.