Looking at Ice Skates ...

I’ve had Vapor 30’s for about 3-4 years and they are finally starting to fall apart. I’ve already had the holders and steel replaced about a year ago. So I think I’m finally at the point of getting new skates. I skate 3-7x a week (I play both offense and defense) so I’m looking for something comfortable and durable, which I think both skates should be. I was just wondering if anyone here has either the Vapor 40’s or Nike/Bauer Supreme One95’s and what they think of the skates.

Bauer Vapor 40’s
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_2026_3314312

Nike/Bauer Supreme One95’s
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_2026_86646884

i just picked up a pair of one95’s and they are easily the best skates ive used. I’ve only used them about 10 times now, but they feel formed already and from what i have read/seen are very durable. the only downside was the cost, but i’m sure you already know that if these are your options.

always been a vapor guy… but I haven’t bought skates in 2 years or so… so my opinion may be slightly outdated. However, A few guys on my team have the new 40’s and they love them.

Im looking for a set of new skates for me, something ~100 or less. Just for getting out and maybe doing a skate and shoot with? Any advice?

I get crazyyyy blisters from shitty rentals.

yeah, these are 5-600 skates. i think for <100 skates dicks has some that would work.

lol. Theres vapor XIIs and Vapor IVs at Laux for like 60-100 bucks… New. are they decent or shitty?

Willy i got a pair of easton skates @ Great skate last year for like 75, they are comfortable but nowhere near the quality of the higher end skates. But what and for how much i use them they are perfect

Bean go sports replay on the boulavard you can pick up a 2-300 $ pair for somewhere between 50-70 bucks used but way better than the bs 80 buck new ones

I have one90’s and love them. I tried on vapor xxxx’s and they weren’t very comfortable. also they have a very wide mid and forefoot, as well as a wide heel.

I prefer the one95’s but the heel in the one95 is wider than the heel of the one90 so I went with the one90’s.

btw whatever you decide on let me know, I can get them for you for even cheaper than hockeymonkey.

Also; anyone in this thread want to come to my skate and shoots? every wednesday 10:30pm at north buffalo on Tacoma. Hour and a half, ten bucks. Could use some guys.

Coldaccord : you have pm…

WOW…

ive been out of hockey for a while! when i was playing, an expensive pair were grafs for like $400

btw,

Bauer Air 90’s were the bomb!

and Vapor 9’s

i have vapor XIIs and i love them. they are fine for what i use them for (bar league hockey and skate and shoots).

i thought you were injured? back injury?

I am injured, but I still rent the ice so I don’t lose the spot

Word… a new set sounds a lot nicer than a skanky old used set. lol. Hmmm maybe ill go spend the dough on a new pair. its only 100 bucks.

will, i just got a new pair of CCM vector 03 that i love. weren’t that much. go check out great skate to get an idea of what you’re looking for.

will; go to hockeymonkey and check out clearance stuff. when i first started playing out i got a pair of ~$400 skates that were a few model years old for $130 new

or find a pair of current skates that you like, I can get them for you at half price

I just get crazy blisters, and im a bitch. Andre, how do you get the deal?

friend of mine has it, not me. i don’t make any money off it, I just put people in touch, or i grab it myself if I’m going out there

ah, makes sense. sorry to hear you are still out of commission…

can you get a hook up on any equipment? or just skates? i may need some new elbow pads soon…