House searching sites

Anybody know a good site for searching for homes for sale? Preferably one where you dont have to sign up and put all your information in?

I had been using the Times Union for a while until the “revamped” it a couple months ago, now it just blows and isnt worth bothering with. I also use trulia which is pretty good…

zillow.com

Please hire a good realtor…

Was just going to say that…just find a good realtor, my g/f just bought a house and didn’t have to waste time looking, everyday her realtor would email her properties in her price range/location that she requested and would set up dates for a walk through.

i just like to browse around on realtyusa.com when i’m bored.

www.realtor.com

Those are where I’ve been looking.
I find the houses I like, then give the MLS to my realtor and he sets up a walkthrough and such.

Zillow
realtor.com

As been said before.

What I did is similar to Cossey, I found what I liked and forwarded to the realtor to setup a checkout.

I’m also a realtor pm me any questions you may have.

Just use the MLS on realtor.com. My father is a realtor so if youre looking for someone to help you find a house shoot me a PM and ill give you his contact information.

def get in touch with a realtor, but i used zillow.com a lot before i got my house.

i have gone through 4 different realtors now. all blew large donkey balls and tried pushing me into shit i didnt want. i found all the houses i looked it…yes i got all the emails with listings…but none were ever anything that were in my specs.

realor.com
realtyusa.com

there was 1 more…cant remember it, been a while since i have looked

Yeah, I just used my realtor to guide me through the technicalities but all the houses I’ve looked at I’ve found by myself.

my realtor didnt push me at all. she set me up with a listing on mlspin.com with all the specs i gave here. i just picked ones of the list and she showed them to me, if she found something in particular she might email me a specific listing.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Unfortunately, long story short im kinda stuck with a realtor who isnt that great. Also i’m very picky, so i like to find the ones i’m interested in and then have her set them up…

www.realtyusa.com
www.prudentialhomes.com
www.a-1reo.com
www.craigslist.com (I found my house on here)

Like Ryan said though, hire a realtor if you’re serious about buying. Even with all the searching you do, there is A LOT you can miss. It doesn’t cost you anything either.

Unfortunately this happens all too often. Sounds like you signed a buyers agent agreement with a dumbshit Realtor. There is three bad Realtors for every good one.

My realtor didn’t have me sign this until I made an offer on my house and I think that is the right thing to do. If you’re not comfortable with your realtor and it’s not working out, I feel you should be able to choose another realtor. I won’t work with any realtors that want me to sign that document up front.

To each his own, but I understand your thought process here. Just think how much work a realtor will put into looking for a home for you, driving you around and think of all the expense that is. (It can end up being hundreds of dollars, gas, time etc.) Then you just go and find a home and the realtor sees no money off it.

I wont take someone out more than once unless they sign an agreement, it’s just too taxing now. But I will work hard as fuck for you to find something you are happy with. Problem is there are Realtors who just don’t care and really ruin the occupation for those who work extremely hard. I relate it to GOOD tuner shops who do good work, they are hard to come by… but there are also all these little shops in between that do shit work and charge a ton of money for it.

That’s sales my friend. I can’t count on my fingers how many times this happened to me in the industry I’m in. I’ve met with clients after hours, I’ve traveled an hour 1 way to meet with clients on multiple occasions, I’ve had them trial equipment for periods of time, I’ve had them do everything and then have them NOT buy from me. You can’t blame some of them either, they simply find someone who is cheaper. Most people on here would do the same thing if they found someone else selling the same exact product or service for cheaper, it makes sense.

The same thing goes for cars too. How comfortable would you feel if you walked into a dealership and the guy trying to sell you a car was trying to make you sign a buyer’s agreement? Chances are you wouldn’t be dashing for the pen and signing on the X.

So again, yea you may work really hard to find something for someone and you think you’re doing a great job, but there are going to be people out there that no matter what you do, are not going to like you or are not going to want to do business with you.

To be honest too, I don’t want to deal with people that are on the fence with me. They have to like me and most of my business that I generate has been word of mouth or a referral. I feel if I was in real estate that there shouldn’t be any sort of pressure to comitting to me until we got to the table to make an offer.

none of my customers like me. none.