looking for vacant lots

zoned for residential use, anyone know of good websites to search on that i don’t have to join or pay for??? thanks in advance.

I liked Howard Hanna’s web site the best when house shopping.
It was the most user friendly and doesn’t cost anything. They have a Land Search that seems to work the same way:

http://www.howardhanna.com/content/LandSearch.asp

thanks for the tip. howard hannah is one i have not checked out. :slight_smile:

Have you tried www.realtor.com :dunno:

You looking to build a house? If so, I can help you with that. PM me if your interested.

www.realtor.com was good, too. But, for some reason, I liked howardhanna better. I think that I couldn’t figure out how to select multiple towns on realtor.com.

realtor.com was easier to search if you knew the particular zip code.

I wasn’t sure where I wanted to buy. And howardhanna let you select multiple towns at once.

the howard hanna site seems the most user friendly so far. thanks for the tip!!!

You’re welcome. And good luck!

realtor.com is the best, it lists multimple company listings. and it’s really easy to see more towns, theres a link that says “to few results” click it and it will let you typically add on like 10-15 nearby towns to where you searched.

I used the West Penn Multilist when looking for houses. If you work with a real estate agent they give you access to it. They setup zones for you, so as soon as something hits the market and email is sent to you. An agreement was made on my house 2 weeks before the sign even went up!

I’m an agent for Northwood, and I would be glad to setup auto-notification searched for anyone on this sight. Just send me an e-mail with what you are looking for. I’ll set them up for you as I have time. You’ll then receive an e-mail everytime a property is listed that meets your criteria, as well as if one drops price into your range. You’ll get a little more detailed and informative info sheet, than with going to websites.

Most of the web sites available pull from the same MLS. Most companies will show you everything on the market, wether through them or not. It’s just a matter of deciding which one is easiest / most user friendly. I’ve heard people say they like the one on Northwood, but the whole site is changing over the next year I’m told.

The web sites are good for searching the listings but, if you are serious about buying, you might as well get an agent sooner rather than later.

Maybe “foz” can verify, but I never had any luck trying to contact a Selling agent directly. I think they don’t like unsolicited calls. After I got a Buying agent, it was not problem to get a reply.

I have been through the buying process 3 times now. And, even though an agent will cost some cash, it is worth it. They can help make sure the sale price is fair and protect you through the offer and sales agreement process.

You don’t want to be liable for the sale price of the property, for example, if the inspections fail or if financing falls through.

If a selling agent doesn’t return a call, or answer to a prospective client, then they are lazy, or feel they don’t need new buyers to work with. Anytime someone calls on a listing I have, I’m in touch with them as fast as I possibly can. As an agent I tend to get frustrated with the agents who don’t get back to me in a timely manner, when I am trying to selll their listing. It happens more with Commercial properties and forclosure listings. The other agents tend to have more important things to take care of.

As a buyer it doesn’t cost you anything to work a buyer’s agent. The seller pays the commision for the sale. The only time you may have an exception is when working with a for sale by owner. Anytime I work with a Buyer I am putting their best interests first, and doing everything I can to look out for their immediate needs, as well as posisble legal concerns that can arise before and after close.