Hypothetically, I should thank NYSpeed.

Hypothetically, lets say that I am going nowhere in my current job and am pursuing a much much much better job at one of the premier engineering employers in Buffalo. Lets also say that I’ve interviewed with 7 people. 6 on Monday and one more today. Thanks to NYSpeed I was able to speak somewhat intelligently on SHO’s when we went to lunch in the one guy’s V8 SHO. He had two older ones previously “Oh really? The 3.0 V6’s? Which do you prefer?”

Hypothetically, the guy today told me on the way to his car that he hopes I don’t mind a bumpy ride because his daily driver is also a weekend toy. We proceded to get into his modified Mini Cooper and he casually mentions that he goes to these “road course types of things.” Thanks to NYSpeed I knew enough to ask “Oh really? You mean SCCA autocross events?” Car talk ensued for most of the rest of lunch…

So hypothetically, thanks NYSpeed!

Not that any of this is actually happening. With my luck if I actually posted such nonsense someone would read it who knows someone who would blow my snky at my current job…

:snky:

:tspry: :tspry:

In like Flynn.

woord

Score yeah…and my dad says I just wast my time on here lol. See, it could hypothetically help me.

Errol?

we > *

:word: lol. Nyspeed 4 L.

10% before taxes please.

that’s a lot of hypotheticalization goin’ on. damn skippy bitch.

You actually have to be competent enough to do the job you’re applying for…so yeah I guess if the manager at McDonald’s is a car enthusiest it could help you out

Joe, he doesn’t work at mcdonalds, don’t you read? He has OCD, so he can’t work at mcdonalds, as dire for a job that he is.

this comment actually pissed me off. i was eating one of my amazing steak sandwiches when i read this and i did the “laugh-and-choke” thing and a piece of mayonaisey bread came out my nose.

hypothetically speaking, of course.

where did you apply?

premier Engineer employers???

Moog? or?

I nodded in agreement, in theory. :tup:

“Oh really? The 3.0 V6’s? Which do you prefer?”

if you had REALY been paying attention, you would have asked “first gen 3.0l MTX or second gen 3.2L ATX?”

^Haha I also know enough to not overstep the limits of my knowledge while trying to relate to someone, lest I make an ass of myself.

Oh, and nope not Moog. The other one… :snky: I made it to the phone screening at Moog, but apparently they wound up with fewer openings than they thought they would have so they opted for those with more experience. Or so they told me. I never got called in for an interview.

It must be the air separators then

Good Luck

Hopefully I’ll be able to post up a “hooray I’ve got a great new job” type of thread soon and can let the cat out of the bag. They said at my interviews on Monday that they normally try to let people know within 48 hours, but the “other applicant” (suggesting that it’s down to me and one other dude) is from out of town and can’t make it till October. At that point I suggested that he’s lost his chance. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would just post up what’s going on, but Buffalo’s the biggest small town in America so I don’t want to do anything like post up that I’m job hunting when I don’t want my current company to know in case something falls through. Good thing we’re speaking hypothetically. :stuck_out_tongue:

where was it? Dresser?

O/T we just got a load of Moog work in… those guys don’t play around. they pretty much give their designers/engineers a blank time sheet lol. I know people who have worked 20+ hours o/t

wish I was able to do more work for 'em :stuck_out_tongue:

oh, and good luck man :tup: