I almost died today... =(

1. Be glad that you’re ok, is your leg, arm, lung, kidney worth 110 dollars?

2. The no safe left turn ticket is PERFECTLY merited. In the eyes of the law if you were turning safely, then you wouldn’t have had been smashed up, being the smasher or the smashee which in the case you were.

3. Ok maybe I am not smart enough but I don’t understand your story, you said you were making a left turn turning in to a gas station. Following that point you mentioned that the light turned from yellow to red. That gas station is controlled by a set of traffic signals? Fast forward a bit and then some how a minivan stopped in front of an SUV at the said light to not run the red light, to avoid the van + SUV collision the SUV steared out of the way and hit you. So by the above chronological sequence of events that means the SUV ran the red and hit you while you were making a left? BUT heres the kicker; if you were making a left and the SUV was going straight HTF can the SUV hit you from the driver side?

4. Following up from point #2 you’re making a left and you were hit simple as that. Traffic on-coming can be going in reverse, it can be a horse, it can be doing whatever, it can be a vehicle doing back flips. The logic is that you should’ve seen it coming, if you said “it happened too quick” then the law’s excuse would’ve been “well then you should’ve been going slower than you were”. I know it’s stupid but it’s the way things are when it comes to the law. Buddy’s civic got crunched by a red-light runner. The first officer on scene wrote “no witness” and deemed it 50/50 at fault. “no witness” even though someone; a Sikah came up on scene and gave his info, and the 50/50 part, the cop’s excuse was “I didn’t see him run the red”.

What can you do?

1. Take DETAILED notes, not I was goin straight, into gas station, he was doing this, then he did this so the other did that, then i had to do that to avoid him from doing this. Here’s a good example.

I was heading NORTH BOUND on Happy Drive. I approach the intersection of Rainbow Ave at the speed of XXX. I slowed down and then stopped to wait for a clear in SOUTH BOUND traffic on Happy Drive to make a left turn leading WEST BOUND into a Petro USA gas station. As I was making my left turn…etc etc…you get the drift

Why detailed notes? Depending on which region wrote you up you can go to their according division and fill out a Professional Mis-Conduct form. That form will ask for DETAILED information of the incident you want to report, in your case being the fact that he didn’t take your statement and such. The key is you have to detaily describe the events that follow up to the officer’s unprofessional conduct.

I can already see where the investigation is going. The other guy ran the red, but couldn’t be proved, and he hit you while you were making a left. You 100%, him non.

Another reason why I want to install a real time hard drive video camera in my cars. Having video evidence doesn’t wash your hands clean from the law of making that unsafe left turn though you’ll still be at fault, but it allows you to SUE the other party for running the red, hitting you, causing you all that pain and suffering, fines, insurance costs, etc etc etc. The best thing about video evidence is w/the evidence you can go after the cops for not writing him a red light ticket and you don’t even need to hire a lawyer because all you need is press the “play” button in front of the Justice of Peace.