i almost died today!

i just got back from meeting with Avery cause i had a really bad rear passenger wheel bearing or so i thought. and i always shook my wheel cause i thought it could have been lose but it didnt move. i was driving todayand i moved my mirror so i could see my tire in action and i leaned over the tire was wobelling so i assumed that my tire was pooched. so i went home and went to put a new tire on and there was a visible gap from the rim to the rotor and the tire was on an angle. i could see this in the daylight now. so i went to loosen the tire off and every lug was about 2 spins away from falling off. some one is fucking with my shit. im gona get the lock lugs now.

thats fuckin fucked O_O!!!, thats insanely fucked up if someone would honestly fuck with your shit like that, totally not cool

WHOA!.. damn bro… Start checking before you get in the car every morning…
But if someone is messing with your car depending on what they are doing it is a criminal offence tho…

far from dieing lol

funny on Easter sunday, heading up to kitchener in my brothers 01’ IS300 his ball joint snapped and the tire went sideways into the fender at 50kph we skidded to a halt. good thing we werent on the highway or that might have been a bigger mess

2 words,

torque wrench

i agree… torque it properly… maybe it just CAME loose itself… i doubt anyone wuld bother to loosen ur lugnuts… and ur supose to check them every 40km by some ppl

buy a torque wrench, 100ft/lbs in a star montion. industry standard, as a mechanic.

I had a similiar thing happen with an aluminum rim. something to do with Oxidization on the back of the rim not allowing the rim to properly rest on the hub of the rotor. then the buildup wheres off and the rim can wobble. It wasn’t fun I didn’t notice it until 2 of the 5 lugs came off.

This can be prevented by scuffing the back of the rim down before mounting with a wire brush, and then appling never seize!

it most likely wasn’t someone screwing with your sheet it was just over time it worked its way out. or you didn’t torque them properly. anyways good luck with what ever your problem is. did it damage your rims at all? or treads?

i dunno what is up with them but i am changing the wheelbearing anyways and then im putting lock lug on my wheel and ill use a torque wrench to put the shiot on. thanks! and my tread was ruined because i drove all winter with no sway bar end link…just installed now

You think thats almost death? 2 things… one time on markham bypass I was doin some speed runs at night N i didnt know it snowed a bit before… To make it short back end slid… no guard rails 180km/h I went off the road into the dirt still sliding a foot away from the ditch but i caught it came to stop… and rethought my life… second a few weeks ago it was raining bad i have pretty fat tires. everyone knows when u hit a puddle with stiff suspension and fat tires it shakes the shit outa your car… so im going sounth on 404 at 120/130 km/h in the carppol lane with 2 people in the car and i see a puddle… didn’t look to deep… I hit it car slid out of control on a 90 degree going sideways on the highway at that speed about to get T boned, eveyrone in the cars screaming but for some reason i didn’t panick(thankfully) I looked on my right, downshifted and drifted into a lane without traffic… Thank God… it could have been really ugly. I wasn’t speeding much or anything. Let it be a lesson that i learned and everyone can pick up on that wet roads, even tho you seem to have grip the slightest thing can !@#$ you up… and you don’t want the death of your friends on your consciece for your life… everytime i think of what happened and thank god for givin us a second chance.

going down 400 about to get on the 401 east doing about 140ish… 401 west is jam packed with those heading out of town, some fag in a jeep cuts out of the line into the east lanes, climbs ahead 3 cars tries to get back in… cant do it… i cant stop, cant change cause there’s a car in the lane beside me… i brake hard and the car i end up beside must’ve seen cause he shifted a bit onto the shoulder and let me fit in his lane… honked the shit outa the guy as i passed with a good finger and some kind words out the window.

that’s a stupid thing to say unless you have steelies…

mag alloy wheels = 55-65lbs retorqued the next day… aluminum = 75-85lbs…

those are unlubricated values, if you use lube on the studs use the lowest of those numbers

too high a torque will deform the lug seating area and can possibly warp the wheel (or introduce small stress fractures), however with steel you probably don’t care since it will deform safely and even if you wear them out steelies are cheap

funny cause somthing like that happend to me. some tool put my lugs on with an impact gun and put them on WAY WAY to tight and when i went to drive off the lug nuts shot off and the tire came off. luckey i wasent going fast, rotor landed on the inside of the rim and i managed to stop before anything horid happend.

actually boys and girls , it all changes dependant on what car , wheel, bolt parrtern ( yes bolt pattern) , gross vehicle weight, size of stud, strength of lug

also another reason to torque wheels properly is because of stud stretch, but what do i know

mmm chocolate cake

Actually this was a problem in Bracebridge area. Someone was going around and tampering with peoples lugnuts. Sometimes over 10 people were reported with this per day. That was in 2005 though.

The lug nuts on my 240 were found loose as well as my neighbours Tiburon and the next neighbours Jag all in a one day! It seemed to be happening in random areas of town but someone WAS doing that up here…

It happened in Mississauga too.

Although it probably was some copy cat thing. I remember hearing about a “lug nut bandit” and the next day, this girl at work who no one liked went to leave and two of her wheels fell off in the parking lot.

Another guy had a loose wheel on the way home. To me it sounds like too good of an opportunity to nail someone you dislike, and make a half-hearted attempt so it seems random.

For like the next month I was being asked to check everyone’s lugnuts before they left. If any of them took even 1/4 of a turn, people would freak.

But you really should check your lugs periodically, not just when you get a wobble. They can back off, all on their own. There’s a reason old Mopars have left hand thread lugs on one side of the car, and right hand thread on the other.

Heh … having a wheel come off mid corner (because you put your wheels back on in the air and forgot to tighten them fully when the car was back on the ground … possibly while high. Cypress Hill, I’m looking in your direction) … sucks balls.

Trying to outrun a mag wheel on foot down the road … I gotta say was pretty funny.

happend to me also, i thought someone was tryin to fuk with me but then after i thought maybe they were just trying to steal my rims.

all day i was out, from morning to afternoon and when i got home i saw one of my lugs were missing, freaked me out a bit but i knew the other 4 were on tight UNTILL i checked them

turns out every nut on all 4 wheels were loose, EVERY ONE…about 8 turns from being really tight…and i knew they were tight before because the last time they were torqued down was in a shop…i duno what happend :confused: maybe they do come loose by themselves

wheels falling off is nothing big…