I'm seriously about to click the buy it now...

details please

DO IT!

Build thread:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25996

Price: Refer people to me. I’m all about full-disclosure with this car, so I’d be more than happy to give an all-too-detailed rundown of basically everything. I’m in no rush to get out of it, but it is for sale and at a very fair price (just haven’t advertised).

For now, my plan, barring anyone seriously wanting to buy the car, is to keep it and fix some stuff up this winter and enjoy the hell out of it this coming spring and summer. I’d be more than happy to keep it for another 8 months or so and drive it a LOT more.

And since I know everyone will ask…the reason I’m doing this is to free up capital ($$$) to do other, more important things (temporarily). I’m hoping to have a house before I start another large project.

I just heard that there are 7 EVERYDAY in WNY!!!

Truth

body lines, styling, weight, all = sex

the motor, not so much

It’s not about the swap/suspension as much as it is the chassis. The balance and weight of the FD is about as perfectly neutral as you can get. I can only think of 2 cars sold that are equal or even close. To “get it”, you need to understand the car and what it brought to the table.

Joe, if I were you I would not do it for two reasons.

1. Unless you are really inclinded mechanically, this project will be taxing

2. You just closed on a house man. Save that money for a rainy day in case something house related comes up. Better to have a cushion then to panic when the shit hits the fan.

Just keeping the wheels turning guys…just keeping the wheels turning…

Cars are what have always kept me grounded. I love driving them, working on them, learning new things about working on them, etc. And usually, the more odd they are, the more appealing I find them. I find this swap/combo. incredibly intruiging (sp?) for a lot of reasons, and I LOVE FD’s. That’s where this idea kind of stemmed from. That and the success rate owners (here alone, even) have had with them in the end.

I’m just being optimistic right now…thinking outside the box a little, and yes, maybe being a little bit over-ambitious…but again, new experiences are exciting…

This is not something I think would be easy in any way, as some of you seem to be implying…but it would be a fun learning experience, and the end result car would be pretty bad ass, as Brent and Andy’s brother have shown.

And this is a car forum, right? Enthusiasm helps…we all seem to kind of feed off one another at least in some way or another. You see others create cars all their own, and to me that’s great, and keeps me motivated with my cars too.

So with that being said, I haven’t made any concrete decisions yet. I’m just looking into it. It may not happen for 2 years, and it may never happen. I’m just keeping the wheels turning…

Having owned both the RX-7 and now a Z06, I’ll put my .02 in on this.

Buying the FD is all about how much you love that RX-7 shape and feel. Comparing it to the Z06, both can be fast, however the RX-7, no matter what, you will be fixing all the time. The Vette, you get in and drive. I hope that’s enough about that Vette vs. RX7

On to the FD. Up till now, the RX-7 drove nicer, had more power, and still I won’t go back to one. If it wasn’t one problem, it was another. Not only in the area of powertrain, but door panels cracking, brakes not working, suspension bushings that rattled or squeaked, whatever. I guess if it was a gutted Track car the RX-7 might look attractive, but other than that, forget it. I really loved that car, and still like it alot. I could afford another one, but won’t do it.

X…

i think joe should sell some of his other cars and buy an LSX FD wiht eh funds raised. This is assuming you still have a lotus, MR2 and FC…

i’d hold off

impulse purchase cars you weren’t initially looking for aren’t all that great an idea