I'm seriously about to click the buy it now...

It makes more sense to you to just go buy a vette. For people with no time or abilty to do a swap like this, it would not be the best choice to try something drastic like this.

However im sure you could also just go out and buy a FD that is already swapped, wouldnt that make more sense?

I guess it all comes down to what exactly you want is and how fat your wallet is.

hmmm

Hahaha, + other randoms, Brian, think about the people living there, there are a uhhh few cars.

True.
I guess if it is a hobby that you do for enjoyment then it could be justified but other than that it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense.

very sharp FD3S’s with LS1 or similar cannot be had for under $20k.

i have seen 3 of late for sale, min price was $22k.

the FD RX-7 is a fucking killer car… the chassis, suspension and the aesthetic are all still current and gorgeous. It’s just the goddamn rotaries fucking suck… no matter who you are or how much $$$ you put into it… rotaries suck… god himself could not make a rotary last forever.

Putting in an LS1 or anythign other than a rotary that makes good power is like taking a puzzle that has been sitting for a decade and a half and putting the final pieces on.

$6000 is way too much for a beat chassis, but i totally agree with the logic. Especially on NYspeed where every done RX7 blows up no matter what.,

^^^^Booooo, prove him wrong… proovveee it

That looks like someone else’s headache. And I love FD-LS1’s, see Brent’s DIY thread :stuck_out_tongue: Agree tht thy’re probably the hottest (next to the 2000GT) coupe out of Nippon. But…

Keep looking :tup:

Joe, you haven’t really made any stupid decisions yet, but i think this might be your first…

you’re on a car shopping spree, don’t get carried away any more than you already have…you just got the lotus, and the FC, no need for another car…enjoy what you have to the fullest, and then if you feel you still need this, i’m sure there will be a bunch still out there…try what Bing said, keep an eye on the market across the border too, why rush into the first car you see.

I guess that’s where you lose me, my Evo was ten years newer and I sold it for $21,000.:cry:

An LS1 has what 350hp?
I just don’t get it but, I guess different people like different things.
Edit/add: I guess looks don’t mean as much to me.:slight_smile:

Haha, am I supposed to be offended by that? Nevermind, I don’t care either way. The FD is a car I’ve always loved. As much as I don’t like to admit it, that engine does make sense in that chassis. I mean, it HAS evolved into an all aluminum, pretty impressive engine. Just bec. I’m not a particular fan of american cars don’t mean I can’t appreicate what some of them have to offer.

Christian, I wouldn’t pay someone to do this. I’d maybe pay people for some help, but there’s a lot of the job that I would not hesitate to try my own hand at. Evan is the only one that has done anything on my cars, if it wasn’t me doing it. I have him do the things that I feel are out of my ability. This project would be fun to learn on.

if you want to find out about the LS1 swap into an FD I would talk to 99 civic si (andy) I know he did his brothers.I personally think that car with the LSx swap is pretty bad ass. If you have the cash and time I would say go for it!

i’m not trying to justify why that is the case, i am merely stating that it is.

Additionally, an FD3S to me and most other people really in tune with sport compact culture is far far more desireable than any corvette chassis other than perhaps the new C6 Z06.

I’d take a LS# powered FD over any non C6 Z06 any day of the week.

FD’s are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hawt!

corvettes are all over the place.

it would be alot of work, but thats a very reasonable price for that car. as long as you don’t mind a project, i say go for it

thats because its a 3rd gen rx7 not a civic :slight_smile: the value of these cars have actually GONE UP the past 3 years as opposed to falling/flat lining

Sounds about right from what I’ve seen on the swap boards and such. If anyone is seriously interested though, mine can be had for significantly cheaper than that. :sario:

More driving of cars less working on them…

joe, honestly, you might be getting in over your head on this…

Reasonable price, but the amount of work it would need would be insane. Not to mention you already have quite a few cars to look after.

It’s not an insult at all, I just found it comical you are contemplating the same swap that you had previously scoffed at others for considering :stuck_out_tongue:

If you do it, that’s cool as hell, but there is a lot more involved in a swap than just turning a wrench. I assume you know already, but incase you dont: www.v8rx7forum.com

this thread has the words

“HOUSE FORCLOSURE”

ALL OVER IT