I'm seriously about to click the buy it now...

You can find better for the price and location. I would vote no.

Elaborating: (hop on AIM if you can)
The interior looks pretty well beaten and tan is the least desirable (except maybe red). Carpet/floormats and ESPECIALLY interior pieces are insanely expensive to buy and you usually can’t find nice replacements. I notice at least the door sills are missing. Just those are $75-100 when you can find them. Who knows what else is trashed. Something like the gauge cluster and hood for it would run you an easy $300-400. Find one with a good/very good interior. 94/95 if possible.

The wiring hanging out scares me as well. It really looks like someone beat the shit out of the car and hacked the engine out. Maybe it’s just a poor ad, but it leaves me wary.

you can get running, imported RHD FD3S’s with modifications for under $8k in ontario.

hello…

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/index.php?cPath=31&osCsid=8591nvn6eubeso59cebnalaql7

viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin swap

joe…

unless you suddenly got the desire to work on your own cars, i don’t think that a project like this is going to be a good idea… paying someone to do the work would KILL you.

This may be a stupid question but wouldn’t be a lot easier to just buy a Vette?
What is the advatage of swapping?

I would think the main reason would be the love for the FD for everything except the rotary engine.

Like what?
I am not being a smart, I seriously don’t get it.

:bloated: for all the shit you’ve talked about american muscle, it’s bewildering that you’d suddenly be so hypocritical as to consider swapping in a chevy engine

for the Japanese heritage probably?

Didn’t you used to have an Initial D avatar Mike?

lol, looks pretty beat to me

get it… buffalo needs a little more fd goodness plz thnx

Joe, I’d think long and hard about this. I know you’re dying for an FD, but this is A LOT of work. JMO

I have heard of Initial D but I am not even sure what it is.:biglaugh::gotme:

Why dont you think there is anything desirable about 3rd gen RX-7s?

6k for a shell seems so steep

if it were me id buy a skyline GTR as a track vehicle and just be done with it

20B swap:carnut;)

Might as well just buy mine. :pimp:

joe has plenty of garage space now to work on a project like this…

:gotme:
I am quite sure some people like some things about the car but, engine swaps always seemed pretty drastic to me.
I guess it just seems to me that buying a Vette would make more sense unless the RX7 chassis is made completely of titanium and carbon fiber.

I am not saying it is a dumb idea, I am just questioning why put all that time, effort, and money into a $6000, 17 year old car.
Just go buy a real car.:gotme:

not with my car, mike’s car, his lotus and his MR2 in there.