Is this for real!?!?!? someone please let me know

If it was “tuned” in the US as well, what was it tuned with? And was it not tuned on a dyno then too?

What are you using to control the larger injectors?

I’ve read similar things. It’s hard to find a SOHC VG running 300HP at the wheels. nismo there’s a lot of disbelief here. Please show us how you got this.
I would think, IMHO, if you were trying to keep the van sleeper then the absolute most you would do is put on rims and even then a sleeper wouldn’t have sport rims. The stickers and underglow lights seem like the work of a kid trying to get attention on the streets, but he can’t afford to get a sports car so he puts performance stickers all over mommys retired soccer mom van.
Dyno Chart please? Do you have any pictures of your S13?

well, i think i see ur point about the streetside dyno…it was the first and only time i had it dynoed. i had the heads ported, polished and shaved down almost 1.0mm (pretty sure it was around 0.85mm) which significantly raised compression, a buddy of mine who used to live here in toronto helped me with grinding the cams as he worked on machining, after the cams, heads and new valves went on, a set of cam sprockets/gears also were thrown on. as for the fuel system (300zx fuel pump, nismo injectors, oe filter)… it is managed by a GReddy e-Manage system along with the rest of the motor itself. ignition wise, and upgraded coil pack, NGK Iridium Sparkplugs, NGK Power Wires, NGK Cap & Rotor, exhaust there is 1 XS Engineering cat-delete pipe (believe it or not the car actually has 2 cats) which was sandwiched in between an original catalytic to make it look credible and 1 free flow cat…a 2.5" in. axle-back system with an A’PEXi N1 muffler, 2.5" custom headers, a custom built intake with a K&N filter and maxima MAF sensor adaptor. there are very many mods to this…now, i will not stick up for that dyno being 100% correct now that you have mentioned it. i guess id have to do it on a dyno near here some time. Ok guys, here is a serious question im asking…should i take off all the stickers on the body (but im leaving the nismo stripe…no matter what)??? i wasnt trying to go total sleeper cuz i wanted it to look “sporty”. the van was tuned here (off dyno) i just had the heads sent out to the usa to get ported and polished. and lol, “soccer mom”? my dads been driving this since we got it…this thing has never seen a soccer game lol. wired wheels…ok :s, #1 i hate wired wheels, #2 they dont belong on imports really. and i dont lie…lies are for fools, when someone tells a lie…they always comeback to haunt them and you guys dont know me all that well so i cant blame you for thinking that i am lying, i will however agree that the dyno could have very well been wrong. like i said, the sheets are somewhere in these boxes, im just really tied up with work, school etc. so i cant go looking for them right now, especially when term papers are due really soon too.
oh and the question about the transmission exploding… an HKS A/T line pressure stabiliser and a F.A.L transmission oil cooler work more than fine. most of the parts i used are from japanese companies that i havent seen much at all. and when i was talking about manifolds i was just comparing one to another, i didnt swap them.
and pics of the S13…you guys wont see it until it is released at a show sometime in the near future…it is gettin painted now as all the bodywork is done…looking for and RB25DET motor and transmission if anyone want to get rid of one or might just selling them. i would do the RB26 but the swaps on the S13 have proven unsuccessful due to the 2nd turbo knocking up against the brake booster cylinder…plus the added heat from the second would be enough to boil your brake fluid (as it sits close enough to the canister that holds it). the 240 isnt the actual “S13”…looks more like the RPS13 minus the right-hand-drive. i cant tell you that it is black…should i drift her, because i only intended on regular street use (in summer only) and show competitions, dont want to drift. anyways the questions i want to have feedback on are: 1) should i take the body stickers off the Villager (but im leaving the nismo stripe no matter what)
2) should i leave the 240 for show only or for drift only (ive put alot of time and money into the body…so i dont want it getting wrecked should something go wrong)?

wow, i just realised…that a huge post :s

are you sure you never showed up to one of our meets at kennedy commons…because i distinctly remember seeing the van and i mentioned it to other members(to make sure i wasnt going crazy) and they say they remember talk about it happening or hearing sumthing about it

lol, ok i swear to God that i was never at ur meet. i was at importfest, so u might remember it from there.

anyways, Dj, im sorry for the extremely bad grammar on my last post…i have been up since 2:00 this morning trying to finish up some school work etc. i managed to catch some sleep in between school and work hours, so i’m feeling alright now. anyhow, yeah i do partially agree with you about the transmission, although the torque converter is pretty strong on this tranny…you could very well be right. what are my odds that the dyno is infact wrong? if it is, damn will i ever be upset! though we may not think the results are 100% true, i believe that they might be close…after all, those turbo civics are no match for the Villager…it eats them for breakfast. Cars like the impreza are tough matchups against it however.

With regards to the 240…sorry, i meant to say “i CAN tell you that it is being painted black”. im new to the whole drift thing and i dont think that i’ll keep it up and actually attempt to use my car in any event of that sort…as i said, i want it to be a showcar, a drift car would be nice, but i really want to stick to the show circuit. i will say that it wont be “all show no go”, because believe me…it will have go, just that the “go” it has wont be used for drift.
anyways, as a tally to the “sticker or no stickers on the van”…i think the stickers will be removed before i take it to a show in the future…but the nismo stripes will still and always will be there.

DJ wasn’t saying anything about your grammar. He was talking about the thoughts and how you relay them. Basically, the words at the beginning of the sentence don’t match that of the words at the end. They’re incomplete statements which lead to incomplete thoughts.

All the mods you listed are shallow mods. Ignition components are shallow. Cat removal is shallow. etc etc… Shallow not in the sense that it’s stupid, but in the reality that they don’t produce significant enough gains. Changing a Cam sprocket means nothing unless you can adjust the timing of the cam with it. You mentioned deletion of the cats and the changing of the exhaust back half but you’re neglecting that the rest of the system posses the biggest restriction on the exhaust system.
Double cats are common on turbo cars, but on NA cars what’s more likely is that the “cat” was actually a resonator. The TT version of all US 300ZXs have precats. Everything you mentioned in that post produce 10 to 20 extra HP IF everything works well together. Porting a fuel management then maybe an extra 50HP on a VG.

The torque converter being stronger would only mean there is more stress on the tranny. If it were slipping then I could understand that the tranny were handling it whatever power gets to it, but if its “solid” it will probably deliver too much abuse to the tranny.

You dislike wires? I agree, they don’t belong on most imports but my Datsun has wires. I know you noticed that already. They’re the only rims I could find for my car with a 0 offset under $2G. Surprisingly they are not much heavier than the equivalent Aluminum piece. My major complaint is that they are too soft (prone to denting/bending) and likely to rust. Not belonging on imports??? I bring to your attention the Nissan President, Infiniti Q45 (first Gen) and the list goes on. These cars can all work and look really good with the right set of wires.

What was your car featured in at Importfest?

Please bring your Villager to the next meet. I, and I’m sure many others are extremely interested in seeing all of the impressive mods. I’ll take hi-definition pics for you too DJ :R

Yes, ok, I get it, my forum writing needs a little bit of work, thanks for pointing that out.
That dyno that I had the Villager run on was a prototype for a company…now, maybe that prototype had a huge flaw (as that’s what I am being led to believe)…but I dont know if a company would release a dynomometer with that big of a system error, but then again, it has happened before, one of my friends who used to own a 300ZX had his vehicle dynoed and apparently it came out to somewhere around 500 whp and the only things he had were bolt on intake, exhaust, minor ignition and a larger diameter intercooler.
About the wire wheels, dont take offense bud. I sometimes might say things that will sound as though I am criticizing you (or anyone else for that matter), I don’t mean it directly at all. I did get a chance to take a look at your 200SX and I must say that has to be one of the greatest bodywork jobs I have ever seen and huge props goes out to you. To be 100% honest, and I’m not trying to be a suck up here but, the wire wheels don’t look bad at all on your 200, they suit it very well…that could easily be a show-wining ride, hands down. To let you know, I would be the last to criticize someone’s work, if I have something positive to say, I’ll say it, if I have negatives, I’ll keep it to myself…in this case, I truly was not referring to your ride at all. And that Z…that thing looks really, and I mean really shiny. As for the meet you mentioned…I can’t really be attending other club’s meets as I have my own club and have to show that I’m not a “wanderer”, since my club hasn’t even had its first meet yet. By no means am I trying to avoid the meet, if and when you see the van at the show, please do look for me and ask me all the questions you want there…you can take as many pictures and ask me as many questions as you like, as long as they aren’t “stupid” questions.
So who else thinks the stickers should come off the Villager and that I should just leave the nismo stripe?
Let me know,
thanks!

the wagon (Villager) was on the 2nd floor of the Roger’s Centre, and should I drift my 240sx or should I keep it for show/street use only? I have put quite a bit of money into turning it onto the “show” path, but I also love drift…what do I do? And PS…does anyone know what the heck is happening to all the ESSO gas stations? There’s no gas at any of them…they all say “No Fuel Available”…or something to that effect.

what does you being in a different club have anything to do with it? I am a member on 3 car club forums, and regularily attend meets for each one. loyalty to a club does not stand in the number of meets you attend or don’t attend, or even that you are a member on other boards, being a member to a club is contributing something useful to it’s progression.

and as for the stickers, i nominate the stickers and glow be removed. just my opinion though.

I am entirely open to opinions…thanks for your feedback.

With regards to the club…I own a club myself, and it doesn’t speak well to all my members if they see that I’m attending another club’s meeting. Gives a negative look as if I was sort of “un-supportive”, so to speak, of my own club. You guys do seem like a great group of tuners, I can see that Zep really knows what the heck he’s doing here, I wont ever get this many members who are interested in drift. Hopefully I can see this club in some drift action at the 2007 competions…keep the suggestions coming!

I vote you take the stickers off the van… then sell the van so u stop taking heat for it and put all the van money into the 240… then drift the 240, because what good is an RB 240 if you dont drive the hell out of it?

honestly, selling the van is out of the question as of now…maybe if i get bored of it, but it’s still yet to be finished…as is the 240. thanks for your input!

what do u say we open this forum under a new title? i really dont like this one. if you guys could have some courtesy to allow me to start another conversation under a different topic name, i know these aren’t my forums, so I’m asking permission from you regulars on here.

Why don’t you just start a thread with a topic of your choice? ex: Need opinions for my van…or whatever you would like to talk about. If people want to respond they will, if not then the thread will die, not a big deal really.

well, because im not a member of tnc, i wanted to ask permission, i am a friend of the owner and i didnt want to disrupt anyone’s “house forum” as this is where all the members like to talk. basically, i dont want to interfere and i had the decency to ask for permission to post a new thread…

Point taken. I just want to strengthen my ties with the members and administrators of this club. Since I’m not a regular I honestly don’t want to look like a shit disturber myself. Even so, I am an owner of another club so I try posting with topics that only have to do with me. All I really want to do is get to know you all a bit better. I want to make it visible that I am not some bad guy, even though I may be from another club and some of you may not particularly like me, I want to change that. Not because I’m trying to recruit, it’s just good if the both of our clubs were to know each other well. Maybe this is a stupid statement? As I have said before, I dont like causing things between my club and another, instead, I’d rather our two clubs “assimilate” rather than battle, because fighting and arguments dont solve anything (not that we’re really arguing about anything at the moment). I’m not saying that we should merge or anything extreme like that, I’m just saying since both of our clubs are along the same lines, we should make ties with each other. Anyways, let me know what you think.

most people on here belong to another forum or club, plenty of 240 people, skyline people, Z-car people… they’re all nissan, and the respective forums dont discourage joining other nissan forums, only yours does that. this strange rule of yours just alienates your own club from all other nissan enthusiast sites and their members. if you were chillin at kennedy commons and SON240 had a meet, would you leave? I dunno, maybe its me, but it’s just a little strange.

no, its just like that for me, im not going to start hanging with other Nissan clubs until my members start to get loose, I ENCOURAGE THEM TO MEET WITH OTHER CLUBS!!! Once they start to go to meets and what not of other clubs, hell, I’d pick up and bring my whole club down to your meet so we could all hang out… but not until my members volunteer to go first…I will talk with Zep, I can bring mems to ur meet, you can bring mems to mine (if you want that is) anyways, let me know what u think of my last post.

and no, i wouldnt leave my club or a tnc meet to go to son240 if i was already at a TNC meet.