Jan-Cen

so what makes a lame engine shop even worse? refusing to finish work on your motor because you made a post on the internet. thats what i was told this morning. so for my final review of jan-cen motorsports i guess i’d have to give it 4 http://www.ubrf.org/forums/images/smilies/tdown.gif

More of a story?

:lol:

what did you say?

x-post from ubrf

bad experience with jan-cen building his motor…

or in this case not building my motor. to sum it up i took my motor there they said two weeks. after the two week mark i called them they said it’d be worked on tomorrow and ready for the weekend. call a week later and he says it’ll be ready next week. then he tells me i need a new crank and rods (which i figured) but takes the liberty to order them without asking. then informs me he broke the aluminum housing for the front of the engine and says i’ll need to replace it. i then posted this info on the net and got a call this morning saying that i needed to pick my engine up because mike talked to the owners and they no longer want to work on it because of what i posted on the barf.

shitty :tdown:

Eh… fuck them.

2 weeks is 2 weeks. It sounds like they were jerking you around bro.

I’m sure you can find a better shop :tup:

go to brk, my sis bf works there and does good work.

spinas :tup:

Thats just bad business, because they told you lies and you bitched about it they said pick up your engine. Call the BBB

shoulda just took it to hybrid

thats a bad way to do business
talk to hybrid, they are very helpful and stand behind their work :tup:

I know Mike and Joe and dunno the deal with this. Definitely not calling you a liar, I think they;d rather build a motor that costs 70K than work on little shit. They got into something they didn’t like and wanted to make you drop the hammer, instead they found a reason to get out of it and jumped on it, maybe? :gotme: I know from speaking to Joe, one of Mike’s brothers, they’d rather stick to big blocks.

well if they wanna stick to big blocks they should stick to bigblocks, simple as that

if they took the job, idk if it was a 350 chevy or a hjonda motor, they should have finished it

if they were deep into it and they decided it was outside of their capabilities, they should have called and said so, and offered a good discount on the work that was already done

“hi, mr xxx, this is xxxx from xxxx machine shop, im calling to say that after getting your motor stripped down and hot tanked, we realized that were not firmiliar with the xxxx and you would probably be better of having xxx shop do the rebuild, were gonna give you a XX% discount on the labor weve done so far”

but then again, thats jancen for you, the last time i had a performance v8 question, jancen couldnt answer it, but i went over to oddys and jim oddy was happy to stand there and bullshit w/ me for over 45 minutes about the entire project, answeed my question WAY better then i was hoping for and threw in a wealth of great info that i hadnt asked about, but was deffinantly good stuff to know

it’s not a v8 it was the 2.5 turbo out of the shadow…i am debating giving up on the project altogether. was just a .040 over, hone, degrease,check rods and pistons. they told me i need a new crank and rod. i was just a little tweaked they went ahead and ordered everything without asking. i was still gonna have them do the work but they decided to stop after reading my post on how i’d never go back there. we shall see what happens.

weird that they ordered everything w/o asking, unless they specificly knew already that

a) you didnt have your own scource for replacement parts
b) you knew they might be bad and that you wanted xxxx brand replacements
c) you didnt already know that you were gonna get said replacement parts from xxxx for $xxxx

automaticly ordering stuff for a customer should only be done in specific instances, like a dealership thats only gonna use oem parts anyways, or where the parts are gonna come of the shelf at napa / autozone and would be simple to return if need be

I don’t care what field of business a company deals in, this is BS. That is a bad practice to have… I honestly think that the BBB would feel the same.

What kind of automotive shop would whine about a post on the internet. The original post was not even inflamatory. The guy only whined because the block was a week late, then the fact that they ordered parts without his prior consent.

GJ by Jancen to further “get their name out there”… especially considering the demographic around here & barf.

-Nick

Pat, giterdone.

Hell, I wouldn’t quit… I’ve seen those engines sick amounts of power.

drag it across the street to hybrid…

:tup: Brian @ BRK has been doing our racecar engines for a while. and then i had a couple friends go in for work on there 4cly’s and he was cheap and did great work with a good turnaround time. i highly suggest going there. Matter of fact i belive hybrid connections takes all of there machineing there too