Best place to have block bored??

within the next couple months i’m gonna need to have my block bored .020" over and was wondering where the best place around here to do it.

also some guestimates on pricing if you guys know.

thanks.

i know i may not have had the best experience with jan-cen but the work they did on my block was top notch. and i coulnd’t beat the price for my 4 banger degrease+ bore +hone was only like 250-300.

Best and cheapest are usually two different things. Most any shop out to be able to a simple cylinder bore though. Jan-Cen is supposed to do good machine work, though I have never used them.

i hav really good luck with truco

jan cen were a bunch of pricks to me and take forever

Viper, i’d like to no who u spoke with that was a prick to u, and yes sometimes it does take us some time but thats because we have work pouring out our ears especially now during race season. We do everything first come first serve so its not like they picked you out and put u on the back burner, its just the fact that there were other customers there ahead of you. I’m sorry for the bad experiece, if i new you at the time u came down i might have been able to help out.

Truco are good guys. Andy is a really cool guy, comes down a few times per week. :wink:

psychopjv, thank you for the kind words :tup: I no there was a rocky road at the time but i tried to take care of ya as best i could dude. Did u get a new bullet for that firebird yet ?

PM me and lemme no what u need paulo

Mike

whoa long time man.

pm’ed

it was a long time ago… the guy was like what kind of block is it, and im like hyundai… he gave me the usual why a hyundai yadda bs and then was like i dont want to do it, id have to redo all my toolin yadda BS and just kinda had a tude about it like he i was some stupid dreaming ricer or something

my neighbor goes thier for all of his motor work, and it all turns out pretty good. They recently did my friend’s 87 supra block and head, they looked brand new.