Japan hit by massive 8.8 magnitude earthquake

On CNN now…:wow:wow:wow

youtu.be/dm64UKtC47M

Eric Due from the Japan Times describes the moment the quake struck

A massive earthquake has hit the northeast of Japan triggering a tsunami that has caused extensive damage.

Japan’s TV showed cars, ships and even buildings being swept away the Fukushima prefecture, after the 8.8 magnitude earthquake.

Officials said a wave as high as 6m (20ft) could strike the coast.

The quake struck about 250 miles (400km) from Tokyo at a depth of 20 miles, shaking building in the capital for several minutes.

The tremor at 1446 local time (0546 GMT) was followed by a series of powerful aftershocks.

Are you in Japan? Have you been affected by the earthquake? Send us your comments using the form below:

source: BBC UK

Shit is nuts. 2012.

Yeah that works. You can even count every other major catastrophy in the world in the last 2011 years as signs that all lead up to the 2012 event…

But seriously, that’s crazy. Just today me and a coworker were talking about natural disasters and how he lived in Cali when they got hit with a major one, without knowing of this Japan quake.

Guys can hate NY all you want but being in the middle of the taconik plate, we really don’t have to deal with natural disasters other than snow, and that one you can plan ahead for.

Yikes…those poor JDM peoples and cars

As much as we get fucked in taxes and all other bullshit this is the ONE thing I truly greatful for the most, I’ll take all shit we get dealt rather then have to buy/build a new home everytime there is a natural disaster.

On a side note I do feel bad for everyone over.

And I also hope this doesn’t jack up the price of crotch rockets!!! LOL

Tsunami on the way to Cali now…

that shit is CRAZY

I was watching the video of one of waves that hit Japan after the quake, this things was carrying houses (on fire), boats, trees and cars. I mean all I can think is WTF would be going through your head if you looked out the window of your house and saw ANOTHER house on fire floating towards you…DAMNNNN

Why is that a video recording of a TV? Pretty gangster. :rofl

Guess CNN pulls there shit from Youtube.

Pretty nuts, shear raw power. Kinda makes you realize how tiny and weak humans are. lol

wild

I think the wost feeling would not be because you think you might not survive, but is the fact that there is absolutely nothing you can do to protect you wife and kids. :cry:

RIP

Looks like japans really shaking things up.

Watching tv in california and boats are getting pulled put of harbors, docks, etc and into the ocean.

Been keeping up on this since last night. My friend sent me a pic of one of the refineries going up. She’s in Tokyo, and thankfully ok.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/255972061.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1299865342&Signature=BiNzxcw41bLIAbzIvHHE8ZVdng8%3D

The japanese goverment has now declared an atomic power emergency pertaining to one of their nuclear plants. The cooling system for the plant isn’t working correctly. Thousands of residents are being evacuated, but they are saying it just a precaution.

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE

Yeah it’s been like that for a few hours I think. Luckily they caught it. On the other hand it’s not like a reactor takes 10 minutes to get cooled anyways…

that sucks, thank God i live in the US

Because we don’t get natural disasters here right?

Right?