Japan 8.9 quake - Tsunami

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_japan_earthquake

There has been one reported death by the fire department. A local man, rescuing several, commented that he did in fact stay the night at a Holiday Inn Express, the previous night.

Google has tsunami alerts on their page, pretty neat…

Tsunami Alert for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and others. Waves expected over the next few hours, caused by 8.9 earthquake in Japan.

This is a huge event!

Supposed to hit the Pacific Coast/Hawaii around 9am EST

Video from Japan. I’m afraid there are going to be a lot of casualties from this one.

Yeah this is a bad one… :confused:

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Jesus…You’re just watching people die in that video. Those cars had absolutely no chance. Imagine being in a car and seeing that coming towards the road you’re driving on?

Watching a CNN live Ustream video at work

Godzilla!!!

29 dead as of this morning.

videos of houses on fire while floating in the tsunami on cnn… insanity…

BTW, i fly to Vancouver on sunday… fun stuff

That count is over 60 at this point and rapidly climbing.

crazy video of cars being swept away

Fuck. Trying to get updates from friends in Hawaii. They’re already saying it seems worst than last year. Lot’s of dry reef. Hopefully nothing serious.

Beat me to it

Between 200 to 300 bodies found in Japanese coastal city of Sendai, the Kyodo news agency reports.

Breaking news on CNN.

My guess is this quickly goes into the 1000’s. From the sounds of it the quake was close enough to the coast that here was very little time for a tsunami warning before the waves starting coming ashore.

Holy fuck that’s a big quake.

I hope Adam (Feast Japan) is ok…

Adam’s fine, saw his facebook status.

That’s good. Epicenter was north east of his area. I just woke up and there is too much info to read though right now.

That video I linked earlier is still the best coverage of it I’ve seen.

Def crazy. We had a few people over there this week for meetings. However they are more in the Tokyo and Yamanashi area. I havent heard how they made out yet.

Dan

The water has dropped again… not good! This is really huge.

^^ Source?

This whirpool is crazy: