Japan before and after

mouseover the pics horizonally
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/jordskjelv-i-japan/bilder.php
:eek

Holy shit.

holy shit after looking at that i am shocked only about 3k people died…not that it isn’t horrible but the damage is awestriking

wow that really sucks for the Japanese

Only? They have not even come close to uncovering all of the damage/people that have gotten trapped.

It’s going to be weeks before we know the final death toll.

sadly, by the time they get everything some what cleaned up, I bet death tolls will be near 10k.

this is one of those times i hope your both incorrect. the reason i say only 3k was last time there was disaster of this type 200k lost their lives. The death toll could of been alot worse in japan imo.nn

I know i’m not incorrect.

Have you watched the news… Have yous seen how many towns etc were completely destroyed?

As I said, they have not even come close to being done cleaning up the mess… It will be WEEKS before they know the final death toll.

more like months.

:frowning:

I saw this the other day. Mind blowing.

It’s like a goddamned etch-a-sketch. I sincerely hope they get it under control and Japan goes back to normal as soon as possible.

ik was actually going to plus rep you for finally making an interesting thread but I must spread it around first.

Saw these on ONTD, crazy to see how much the ‘shore’ moved.

Please I hope nobody takes this the wrong way.

I know its not china, but since there are still a lot of business that USA purchases goods from in Japan because they are cheaper or what ever the case is over making and selling in our own country… could this actually help our economy? Furthermore maybe they will have to buy stuff from our companies more since a lot of that place was wiped out. Granted I dont know enough about the reliance on foreign goods and services, to know as to how much of an impact loosing what ever it is Japan used to provide our country. I bet if it were china that this happened to, it would have a far grater impact. Now everything cheaply purchased, or subcontracted out to might need to be kept in our boarders, it would open up jobs, businesses, and keep the money from going out of the country. And when they rebuild, if it wiped out their lumber, concrete and steel plants, they could purchase from us to rebuild. just one example I can come up with.

Again, I am deeply saddened that this has happened, don’t get me wrong. i just would like to know a bit about the economics on this all.

I wouldn’t expect a sudden surge in the job market here. The japanese have an incredible work ethic. Business will be back to usual there faster than it would be if this had hit anywhere else in the world.

^^^ +1

There were reports of people going back to work the day after everything happned.

Blows my mind water caused that.

Just think a gallon of water weighs about 5 pounds.

1 meter cubed is a ton. so basically a tiny but over a cubic yard, if you dont know the mertic system. water is damn heavy, esp movin at the speed it was.