Some pretty scary shit....

I was watching the discovery channel last night. They were hosting the top three things that may take out the human race…eventually. One of the items was nuclear war. One of the topics was Nukes and that the U.S. has over 150,000 nukes on hand. If there was a rocket fired from a rogue country and it was headed for the U.S., our leaders would have approx 15 minutes to fire back…which then would lead the other coutries to fire their nukes and we would all be fucked. We do not have a missle defense system to take out any type of projectile fired onto our country. That’s some fucked up shit considering us spending tremendous $$$ on war and oil and support for other countries but can’t seem to protect ourselves incase of such a threat.

meh. I’m OK with going as long as everybody else does too.

M.A.D.

that is scary if this is news to you

says a lot about our education system vs. national defense budget

When you can find a way to detect, track, and accurately hit an object moving well past the speed of sound in less than 15 minutes let me know. :headbang:

That said something does exist, but it’s spotty at best and I’d trust it about as far as I can throw a two-story house.

If it happens it happens.

I am sure this is news to many people.

sounds like the discovery channel just watched WARGAMES!!! (great movie)

Speaking of scary shit the show on Mt. St. Helens on the History channel last night makes me never want to live in Seattle.

It brought up the fact that if Mount Rainier (Right outside Seattle) ever erupted. Like 20-30 thousand people would die in a flood combined of scalding hot pumice, mud, forest, snow and ice.

i believe it’s call patriot… but i don’t think it goes past the speed of sound but they are located strategically ex. alaska for russia, japan for north korea, and european nations for russia and middle east,etc…so it would intercept it before it reaches us soil…
spotty at best in tests, but i am pretty sure that if things are real they would not fire 1 patriots, would fire more to reduce the errors…

Watch the news lately with our latest stand off with Russia over a missile defense shield in Europe?

They also had it on Future weapons

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/future-weapons/weapons/zone2/missile-defense.html

click “surveillance” to watch videos about it

The patriot missle defense system is garbage. It is not effective against intercontinental missles. The range of the patriot is way too short. They had them set up around our base in Saudi when I was there a while ago. We could see the missles collide overhead. Not a good place for them to explode if they are nuclear in nature. I have a pretty cool picture if I can find it…

long story short, we would be fucked. The only consulation is that not many countries have missles that can reach us here. The real threat is dirty bombs smuggled here. Thank God for Jack Bauer!

nukes have been around forever and are in the hands of some competent people.

What is REALLY fucking scary is the rate at which stupid people in this country breed and multiply. All the trailer park and ghetto scumbags are having 6 kids a piece while decent, educated, and respectable people are having 1 or 2.

The media and TV promote stupidity because its “entertainment”. Legions of idiots use this “entertainment” as a guide and learning tool… and become more incompetent and retarded as they age.

We are fucked.

So what were the other 2 things?

Right, that was only one scary thing so far…

asteroid?

and maybe if the sun went bye-bye. those are my two guesses.

Nah, the sun is valid for another 5 billion years or so.

My guess is AIDS.

My money is on an epic Pandemic beginning in Asia and wiping out 70-90% world population.

I don’t think nukes would even wipe out 100% of the population.
I hope we never find out.

if its how we go, its how we go. we cant stop it.