Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

front bumper seems too much for me. but sweeet project you got!

Car looks good man. I love how you both wore red shirts for a pic with the red car. :lol

NO SHIT!!! WE need to talk, i always order from there. LOL They reopened yet? wtf happened?

Thanks man, and I had originally had the rotors so the slits were facing the opposite directions. Don’t ask me how, I blame lack of lighting hahaha.

Yea I’ve worked there for four years now hahaha. There was a gas line fire, we’re hoping to be back open this weekend.

And yea, the red shirt thing… that was unintentional :shifty

no shit, we’ve probably met a few times and don’t even know it. :thumbup:thumbup

Still waiting for this god damn lip section!!!

it does look god. It would look a lot better without that wheel gap though

Yea I’m still contemplating what to do with that. I’m ordering some coilovers soon, but either way it sits so low as it is that lowering it any more would make it impossible to DD with. As it is it bottoms out on basically everything in existence.

Bingo.

AWww Shit son! Looks mint.

My cousin was talking about this car a couple weeks ago… I think he might have did some body work for your father??? He lives on Rt. 20, first house on the left past the highway department buildings… House has an addition going on it right now.

It helps, that’s for sure. I was asked so many times if I left the front open so I could run over small animals, I was getting tired of it hahaha.

So the next two things on my list:
Reinforce the front lip/bumper
coilovers

This may sound a bit out there, but I’m going to cover the bottom of the bumper and lip with diamond plating and run a sort of “ski” shaped bar from the diamond plate to my frame rails. This way when my car bottoms out (which it does at this height about seven times a day) it will practically lift the car right off the ground without hurting the bumper. Rigidity is needed. No worries, the plating I have is relatively light weight and you won’t be able to see it, it’s going to be almost like a skid plate.

I’m looking into ISC N1 coilovers.
http://www.importimageracing.com/p/ISC-Suspension-N1-Coilovers.html

“But these coilovers are so cheap!” Yes, I realize this, that’s why I am not set on this product yet, but they are very adjustable, even when compared to models almost twice their price, and the reviews are great, cheap rebuilds, I’d be a fool to at least not look into them.

Otherwise I’m not positive yet. I want something that functions performance-wise, but isn’t going to kill my wallet. Yes, again I realize that this is nearly impossible to find both function and affordability especially in the realm of coilovers, but a kid can dream right?

On a positive note, interviewed for med school today. Summer’s finally here. Fuck it, let’s enjoy this shitttt.

Good idea, but build a crash bar dood. Just a bar that runs through the inside of the bumper and supports it. If you put all that weight on the bottom and then continue to bottom it out your bumper will not last long trust me.

I saw pretty ,uch the same car just in white in a photoshoot the other day. It looked like shit. Yours however does not

Throwing in some Tein SS coilovers today!

:eek

just read through the whole project so far and wow! the haterade was flowin early. things really panned out though. car looks good bro. i think its awsome that you did most of this yourself, props from me man. seems you know what you want and you go for it,keep it up. glad to see you made it through the beating you took early on. :slight_smile:

Hahaha thanks man, yea it’s been a long road but things are coming along. I seem to be one of the biggest critics at this point. I guess that’s how it should be. It’s coming along slowly but until some things meet my standards I’m going to need to keep working as hard as possible. Thank you very much though, glad you took the time to check it out.

Update:
Tein SS coilovers are installed. It was quite the process. I started it and got half way into the rears without any tools because they were all at my dads work. My dad and I helped a buddy pull his motor a few days ago and needless to say tools haven’t quite made it back to their original drawers yet. Or even the garage.

So I finished the rears last night, fronts tonight.

As it sits the drivers side is perfect. I’m a bit worried about how low the front is, but what are you going to do, whatever. The passenger front is too high, and the rear is too low, so obviously you can imagine how funky this shit looks right now. I don’t even want to drive it, but I need to get to the work in the morning. Hopefully I have it settled before the lot tomorrow night.

The reason why I had to raise the passenger side was a bit interesting. Try to follow me here. When I first put the wheel on it was pressed against the strut. This is obviously a problem… I gave it as much + camber as I could, but it still wasn’t satisfactory. I don’t need a sidewall blow out. So I noticed that the spring and nuts (or whatever the adjusters are referred to as) were noticeably larger than the strut bottom. I raised the adjusters so they sit above the sidewall, this way it gave me abouttt 1/4" or so between the strut in the tire. Not as much as I’d like, but driveable nevertheless.

Soooo ride height-wise, I have about a finger and a half between the front and rear drivers sides, a finger in the passenger rear, and two fingers in the passenger front. Retarded, I’m working on it guys bear with me, I’m back to being a temp at the state and I’m running off 3 hours of sleep per night. Brutal.

Keep the comments flowing, I don’t mind feedback.

p.s., I’ll feed you picture fiends tomorrow, relax.

As promised.

As you can see it still sits a bit high, but that’s due to a combination of a.)it’s my DD and I need to be able to make it out of my driveway, and b.) I’m new to this whole stance shit to be really honest, and I don’t know everything I need to before I start tucking these things under my fenders.

needs way moar low