Jon's 04 WRX JBP

So here’s my project, DD, etc. Theres a nice history behind it and how I saved up for it, purchased it off of a 67 year old man, bone stock.

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
Java Black Pearl (Only available on the 04’s, it has a primarily gold flake, with a hint of green and red)
Ridiculously high miles, but what do high miles mean when you have motors at your finger tips right??

On to the goodies…

Riding on Rota G-force (gold) 17x8
Wrapped in Dunlop Direzza Z1’s (225/45/17)
20% tint on the rear windshield. I got busted for all four sides (new law, check it out).
Custom front lip
Momo steering wheel (stock)
Momo shift knob
Omori boost gauge
AEM wideband 02 gauge
Snow meth pressure gauge
ATI center mounted clock pod

Currently installed:
Borla XR-1 Catback
ERZ 4"-3" Bellmouth Downpipe
IAG Up pipe
SPT Shortram Intake
Cusco Subframe H brace
SPT Rear Strut brace
Front strut brace
Hawk HPS pads
Goodrich Gstop stainless steel braided brake lines
Motul Super DOT brake fluid
ACT Street Performance clutch disk (stock pressure plate)
Perrin adjustable blow-off valve

Install Pending (Sitting on my bedroom floor in a box, meth is partially installed, not wired)
TurboXs Dual stage Boost Solenoid
Snow Stage II Meth Injection kit with all of the failsafes and whatnot.

Tuned by Justin McGrath.

Stock: 14.4 @ 94mph
Current: Easy break-in (14.5), pushed a little (14.0), went for the gold and missed fourth :(. My guess is it was a 13.7, I was quite a bit ahead of a S/C’d Grand Prix that ran 14.0 after he passed me :expressionless: Speed sensor wasn’t working on the left lane @ the Valley that night

Thanks for taking a look!
Jon

that’s a BEAUTIFUL color, did they make STi’s in this color?

post up pics ASAP

Where do you live? I’m a Suby/Mitsu tuner :slight_smile:

Nice car.
Have you been at LVD within the past couple of weeks? I could’ve swore I saw this car there, or maybe the lot a few weeks ago?

Yea they make 04 STi’s in JBP.

Do you have the black Evo X I’ve seen around? I spoke to you briefly at LVD and we cruised down central ave with a blue wrx earlier that day hahaha.

I’d like to talk to you about tunes because I’m hott on the market for one at the moment.

I haven’t been up to LVD the past few weeks, but maybe a month or so ago I was. It’s out of commision because my clutch is shot, can’t launch, I’m trying not to put it under WOT (yea goodluck right?).

I’m at the lot almost every weekend, granted things apparently got a bit heated lately but I’ll be around wherever everyone is gathering.

I’ll PM ya the new spot :thumb

Thanks, you’re the man!

Black on gold, you’ve done good.

Welcome!

I would like to meet the 67 year old original owner and shake his hand, that guy must have had a good life with some stories to tell if he chooses cars like that at the age.

You said you got a good story to tell, we got some time to read, let’s see the history behind it!

Oh and Celtic1982citleC knows his stuff.

that’s a good looking ride. Love the black and gold combo

That car is sexy!!!

by the way how do you like those tires? i’m torn between them, another set of azenis rt-615’s, and the new re-11’s for my new auto X tires

Where to start! My first car was a 96 Impreza coupe (2.2 N/A auto :frowning: ). I bought it for $600 with blown headgaskets, rebuilt it and drove it for a little over a year. It had my XR-1 and a custom crafted short ram on it as well as a few minor aesthetic changes (RS hood, etc.). I found the XR-1 for $130 used btw, steal of the century! I brought it to the track, and it ran a consistant 17.3 every single time. dead on, should have bracket raced it. Anyway, so I sold that for $4,200 the day before I was going out to purchase this WRX (Timing was crucial here). I had saved all summer, I worked 25 hours at a retaurant in town that i’ve worked at for three years, 40 hours for the DMV (recently got laid off, bs), and 15 hours give or take with my dad. We fix up Scoobs and sell them, mostly outback wagons, etc. He’s a certified Subaru tech, works @ Goldstein.

Anyway, I went on a rant here. Bottom line is, I’m 18, I bought it a year ago. I purchased it myself (Dad loaned me $2,500, which I payed off in six months), I pay for everything that goes into it, whether it be modification or maintenance. I do all of the work myself with assistance from pops, and I’ve never had any assistance with insurance, reg, inspection, gas, etc. and I’ve never put a scratch on it. I take care of it religiously. Only problem is the classy individuals who feel the need to smash my car with their doors. I’m looking for a new rear drivers side door because theres a support beam right where my dents are, and I can’t get them pulled… needless to say I walk a 1/4 to work right now, 4 dents from that parkinglot is more than enough for me.

Yea, that 67 year old man is my hero. He put 110k miles on this car in four years, and before that he owned an 02 bugeye. What a champ!

I love them, they grip. A lot. They wear pretty quick, but what do you expect from the type of tire. Gotta make some sacrifices. I couldn’t be more happy with them. Hopefully they aren’t still back-ordered nationwide.

great story. i’ve got a similar one: turn 18 today, buy all of my own shit, had a real nice car like yours (05 Altima SER, black, kept it PERFECT), but ended up getting something a LOT cheaper just because i like spending money more than a ballin’, $504/month car :smiley:

seems like your car would be a lot cheaper than that, and i hope you keep it, it seems like a fantastic car.

and if you ever need a detail to REALLY bring out those beautiful gold flakes, the link’s in my signature :wink:

JBP is my favorite color evAr

nice ride. black w/ gold is sxy! good story aswell.

looking good ! Now clear your headlights !

Working on it, it’s such a process.

I’ve actually considered a molding process where I can make the reflectors in any color I’d like, and I considered different options, even black maybe, but I think I’ll probably just remove them. Time to throw the headlights in the oven.

What I really need after I get tuned is some suspension adjustments, if you’ve noticed I can pretty much go off-roading with the amount of wheel gap I have.

pics of the firebird please, and i think ive seen your car in town a few times.

Yes, that was me that you drove down Central with. I’ve had the black Evo X since 4/1. Previous to that I had an 06 STI w/ built block/head and Blouch Dom 4.0R. Evo VIII and IX before that and various other cars. Been tuning for about 3 years. Started as something I did for myself on my own cars, then started helping friends out, and before I knew it I had picked up a part time job. Lol! PM me anytime and we can discuss your car and what you’re looking to get from your tune.

Cheers,

Justin