Jons caged S14 vids at Mosport Sep 3rd 2007

Hey guys check out these clips from Monday. What a day. So much fun!!

In car clips of me driving

Now a pro driving my car (Aaron Povoledo)

First one to see the moded S2000 against the wall after a backwards smash wins a prize!!

Nice vids man. I dream of driving that track almost every day. hopefully next year atleast once!

What kind of tires are you running?

first vid 5.04 in … i want my prize… Nice car whats your brake setup?

Nice jon! Really nice driving :slight_smile: videos were good. lol @ that s2000, that seemed to be a weird spot to hit the wall.

How much power does your car have?

Yah there is no point going to anyother track now :slight_smile: Im running Ra-1’s un shaved with way too high tire pressure (So I learned later)

AP Racing front calipers
AP 13.5 J slot rotors infront
Project MU pads (i think thats how they are spelled)

In the back im just running cross drilled brembos with metalic pads, stock caliper…dont want to strong of a rear brake…doesnt weigh much in the back.

Well would a JDM super light weight S14 silvia car jack be a good prize for enjoying my vids?

awesome vids, Aaron is nuts and so in your car :slight_smile:

Thanks man, the two left turns that drop off were scareing the shit out of me all day…Those walls are really close in some places.

Paul from Neetronics said im making about 330 hp at the wheels with no boost controller running 12 psi off HKS wastegate. The back tires were smoking on the dyno and let go at 290 rwhp so its only his best estimate concidering that the car was still pulling like mad. Before I went to Mosport I finished setting up the electronics and im now running 15 p.s.i. The mid range comes on much stronger now :slight_smile: Ill get it dynoed properly when im finished building the car.

That S2000 entered the last corner before the pit straight backwards I think…the guys at the track were really pissed becasue he was driving like an asshole all day

Aaron is nutz…
He piled 4 people plus driver into the white M5 and drove it faster then half the people at the track… I like him :slight_smile: I just wish I had brought the camera with when he was ripping that poor bimmer apart!!! Props to BMW for making such a rediculous 4 door

Jon, what kind of turbo are you running, those are pretty nice numbers :slight_smile:

Im running a GT2871R .64 A/R with 850 inj, Colt Cams stage 2 cams, AEM stand alone and tuned by Paul…I have a bit more power now with the AVC-R but its mostly mid range…

to satisfy my curiosity, any idea on peak injector duty cycle?

cant help you there…thats a question for Paul…

Wow really working the field there. That Porsche driver sure had some weird lines and that S2000 probably started over-correcting after losing it around the turn and finaly spun it further up.

I hit up Kensai to go on that day buy couldn’t squeeze by the mandatory first time Mosport course fee of $200 plus the track day plus fuel would have been like a $700 hit.

Aaron is nuts huh? At the limits of traction to maintain speed, there is no way I could control a RWD car through that…

Est. times:

1:39
1:36
1:41 cool down at end

Awesome driving Jon. That course is not for the faint of heart. Everytime I go there someone wrecks their car.

What tires and wheels are you on?

I drove mosport for the first time 2 weks ago and yea, small tracks are boring in comparison.

Im doing to best to run at least one mosport day next season, preferably earlier in the season.

Thanks…at the end of one of my runs…Aaron would get me to draw the race line on his note pad…but my hands were shaking so bad that I drew a squiggly one right off the track…it was definatly the most intense driving ive ever experienced…

Ive got WED Sport Racing Wheels with Toyo RA-1’s…17x8.5 in front with 235/45 and 17x9 in the back with 255/40

Ya but whats the score with the race school experience needed? Is that just a Kensai thing?

I’m headed to a Bondurant road racing course so it would be pointless…plus I just remembered I’m testing some crazy production cars there soon.

Spring would be gangster with my new setup count me in as a prepay.

The race school was not manditory and there was no extra charge for first time at Mosport…The scool was 125 or 150 I dont remember…but I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to try Mosport…They dont teach you how to drive…they teach you how to drive at Mosport so you dont smash your car into the walls…