Lancaster 8-12-08 NOW with my crappy times

anyone going?
I am going to head up if the weather is nice
I would like to squeeze a sub 7.5 pass on the car before summer is over

What’s wrong with the cool air of autumn? And why Lancaster, isn’t the 1/4 at NYIRP more fun?

nothings wrong with either, I work for the state and get shitty days off due to my lack of seniority so all the Fridays at NYIRP are out…
I will keep racing through Sept into Oct if the weather holds out

don’t forget the cost of going to nyi is a bitch also…ugh.

not to mention its a fucking haul for me

i plan to make it to NYIRP this year…lol.

i never thought i would be going to the track in a different car in 2008…well kinda

im not going to be able to make it this week. I need a new DS yoke and need to re align my clutch UGHHH but :tup: to JnJ for getting my tranny back to me good as new

glad to hear she will be up and running soon
we need to do a few roll races

we were talking about roll races last night and we agree

Let me drive it…I will :highfive:

I think I’ll have the stang up at the track, rain pending, might have the juice, might not…

wait what happened to the blue monster

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1033851&postcount=27

Might be up to see if I can crack 9s in the beater, with the aid of intercooling/more boost.

I’m down whenever you are

shit didnt Choko squeeze the best times out of your car? :gotme:

lol jk man

Well what happened was…He ran the best time…Then I was like FUCK YOU and I beat his time…Then he beat mine…Then I beat his…Then he blew up my car…

shitty night, couldnt squeeze any decent times out of the car
The problem is that the cam is so big the power brakes dont get as much vaccum as they need, this makes it very hard to hold the car in the water box as well as during staging…
I tried various tire psi and different launch techniques, the best so far is to leave off idle, everything else blows the tires away, also the car seems to shift right at the traps wether its in OD or D

Run #1- car in OD

60’-2.32
Et- 8.53@89.29mph

Run #2- leaving at idle, car in OD
60’ 1.87
et 7.83 @ 90.40

Run #3- leaving at 2k, car in D
60’- 2.28
et 8.33 @ 90.50

Run #4- I redlighted accidently and froze for a split second and fucked up the run, car in D
60’- 2.94
et 8.93 @ 90.35

The problem is that the cam is so big the power brakes dont get as much vaccum as they need, this makes it very hard to hold the car in the water box as well as during staging…

i had that problem with a carbed 350 that I built, an oldschool vacume canister cleared it right up.
I would have no peddle after I turned off my line lock after the burnout.
I rolled thru the lights a few times.

yeah I am going to have to get a canister on it here pretty soon